Question

My New Nokia phone will not accept my passcode

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just bought a new Nokia phone from T-Mobile and it is locked and keeps telling me I have entered the wrong password.  It is the correct password I had wrote it down and it will not take it.  So it will tell me that i have to wait because i have entered it more than 5 times and will self destruct. no that part im kidding.  How the heck do i get it to take that password off?  I have entered my security questions and they are correct but still the phone is locked.  safe mode no go.  I even went back to the store and they will not help me.  Please I am lost and turning to you fantastic community.  What do I do ……………………….

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact Nokia..they might have a backdoor method to get into there and fix it..you might need to prove you just purchased it with a receipt..

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

you may have to do a hard reset of the device. doing so will in effect return your phone to the factory state you received it in. google how to hard reset your phone model. please be advised any and all information will be deleted from the phone. had to do this once before because it would not accept password or fingerprint.

I just bought a new Nokia phone from T-Mobile and it is locked and keeps telling me I have entered the wrong password.  It is the correct password I had wrote it down and it will not take it.  So it will tell me that i have to wait because i have entered it more than 5 times and will self destruct. no that part im kidding.  How the heck do i get it to take that password off?  I have entered my security questions and they are correct but still the phone is locked.  safe mode no go.  I even went back to the store and they will not help me.  Please I am lost and turning to you fantastic community.  What do I do ……………………….

Security settings
You can edit the available security settings.

Available security settings
You can edit the security settings depending on a setting. You can set them to be either on or off, and check the status of the setting.

You can add phone numbers to a list to be blocked and create a closer user group.

Select Menu >  > Security settings > Change codes.
Select the code you want to change, either Change security code or Change barr. password.