Solved

My SIM card was placed in the phone without the tray now it is stuck

• 22 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to remove the SIM card from S7 phone that was put in without the tray

icon

Best answer by tmo_kendra 28 December 2016, 17:39

View original

3 replies

Hey @trishaann0302‌ Thats a rough one!! If you have some tweezers 😊 you should be able to pull the sim card out. If not I would take it in to your closest T-Mobile store to have one of our dealers take a look at it. T-Mobile Near Me | Cell Phone Store Locator | Retail Store Hours | T-Mobile

HA good luck with that.  I took mine yesterday for same problem and they couldn't help.  "Sorry we don't carry tools for something like that...."

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A cell phone repair store should be able to fix this. What would need to happen is a thin piece of plastic needs to be inserted onto either side of the SIM to disengage the contacts and give the SIM a track to slide out of. Then something like some very small tweezers to grasp the SIM and extract it. Don’t try removing it without the guides as you could bend the contacts. 

Worst case the phone may have to be partially disassembled but it probably won’t come to that. Just don’t do anything to make the situation worse.