Solved

Not able to send pic messages on LG c395.

• 23 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Can I delete the ATT settings and add T-Mobile?

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 25 October 2017, 19:10

Hey there! Sorry to read that your unlocked device is giving you a little trouble. I don't have any experience with this phone, but I noticed you mentioned that you found an APN menu. Are you able to manually input settings into fields in that menu? If you can, our Generic T-Mobile data settings are going to be your best bet! 😊

- Marissa

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6

I don't know that you can change the APN settings on that phone.

I can access both APN and Multimedia but I don't have the Internet profile for T-Mobile. Everything defaults to AT&T.

Userlevel 6

Is this your main phone, a spare, or an experiment?

This is my main phone just replaced a broken one. I did not realize that it was an AT&T product. It was advertised as unlocked. I thought that it would be easy to change to T-Mobile but I am finding the whole process harder than expected. I really like all the other features of this phone but would like to exchange pics in text with family.

Userlevel 6

This phone seems to be more or less a feature phone rather than a basic or smartphone. My suggestion would be to evaluate what is available for purchase with T-Mobile either via EIP or buying it straight out. I believe you would be much more happy with something that could display the pictures properly and give you better service. Unlocked means it might be compatible with another carrier and is no longer locked to the original carrier however compatibility wise not so much.

Unfortunately feature phones are not as user-friendly when it comes to particular network settings. While you may benefit from some text and phone call Voice service that is about where it would end.

If money is a constraint and an overwhelming need for the latest and greatest is not in play I can suggest the LG Stylo 3 plus or a similar priced phone at or below 225.

There are a couple other devices that are lower in price but the quality or lack thereof is evident in its software and usability. The T-Mobile Revll is another decent Prospect.

Userlevel 6

Hey there! Sorry to read that your unlocked device is giving you a little trouble. I don't have any experience with this phone, but I noticed you mentioned that you found an APN menu. Are you able to manually input settings into fields in that menu? If you can, our Generic T-Mobile data settings are going to be your best bet! 😊

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Hi hi! Just wanted to check in on you again and see if you'd been able to plug these data settings in! How are things going?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Sorry to be tapping you on the internet shoulder so frequently, @magenta2975393​! 😉 I just wanted to check in here once more and see how those APNs worked out for you, if you were able to enter them. Hope things are going well!

- Marissa