Note 20 Ultra 5G still on March 1 security patch level!?

Badge

This is a current model high end phone. I know Samsung released an update with the May 1 security patch even before May 1. ATT and Verizon sent it out two weeks ago. And no sign of it here. New features are nice, but keeping the phone current for security is kind of important.

Why is this very expensive flagship device still running with a3-month old security patch!?

7 replies

Both the T-Mobile and Sprint variants of the Note 20 Ultra 5G have received the May 1st update (the Sprint variant received it a few days ago).

Badge

Yes, I finally got the May 1 security update the next day after my original post, and 5 hours before June 1 (I won’t whine yet about not having a June 1 update:grin: ).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Usually the patches don’t get released till the 5th of the month at the earliest.

I have a Pixel 4XL and it’s always the 5th of the month that I get mine.

Badge

Well, I got it on the 31st of the month. ATT and Verizon both got it weeks earlier. And my concern was more than just that few weeks. It was that until yesterday I was still on a March 1 security patch, which is concerning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’m running my Pixel 4XL on Android S the beta version so updates are usually on time.

I had an LG V30 before that and security update were a hit and miss.

I just transferred my info from my old phone to my new one, how do I turn off my old phone and one my new one

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

what phone was your old phone?