Solved

Note 8 Pie Update E.T.A

Show first post

335 replies

Badge

So I'll be the first to admit it... We didn't have to wait that long compared to when the other carriers released it. Be honest...

Not a single person has received it yet. I doubt T-Mobile has actually

pushed it yet

I think the article meant to say TMobile Tuesdays App update is rolling out today.

Android Pie, not so much...

The article was likely based on this Tmobile support page which does show Pie releasing today and has already been mentioned above. The only confusion IMO is around which page is correct, not if the reporting based on the pages is correct.

Software updates: Samsung Galaxy Note8

"Samsung begins April 2019 security patch rollout starting with Galaxy Note 8"

And yet here we sit on January security patch....

T-Mobile needs to correct one of these pages like Galaxy Note8 Android 9 Pie. From Testing to Completed

11 at night,still no security update,like I said pie,keep it.i w as n proper security updates.not fake news and storys or excuses.i believe what I see and experience for myself.im not gonna keep checking my phone and asking questions.t-mobile has horrible c.s.i work for at&t and there network's are current in terms of updates and security patches..better service with T-Mobile everything else is unacceptable.been a T-Mobile customer long before i worked for at&t. Not impressed by c.s or s.w updates.step up or stay off tmo

Fake news? Listen clearly, do not ever use a Trump term to me. Me and that bigot and Kellyanne have nothing in common.

None of what I said is false or misleading. Go check yourself.

Prove I'm wrong.

You are just a whiny little punk. Do not ever say I'm a liar when I try to help you. I don't care if you get the update. You are on your own.

Diddo on the trump thing

Just got my pie update tmobile note 8

just got mine too, finally! Downloading now

Texting seems smoother and less glitchy and the system overall feels much

cleaner and smoother running

Agreed. May have taken a while... but this is some damn good pie!

I gave fake news now? Hah!

Pie goodness is here! Not fake news after all!

Yep got mine at 5am sounds like we all got around 5am my friend got the update on her S8 and she says she doesn't like it I told her well its Samsung's idea to make it easier for people especially with phones becoming so taller now but she's like I hate this sooooo much can I change it back.. I'm like uh...NO.. 

Badge

guys head to smartswitch pie is ready for download as we speak.

Everything is better with Pie!

Now I'm not one to be like oh my battery life doubled and all that, but this is butter pecan pie... Everything is smooth and night mode yes! I can now get rid of the third party theme app.. Was good but sometimes caused the phone hang when themes crashed. If you don't have Goodlock, see Samsung App Store. You can further customize and tweak notification quick settings, task manager and now with Pie the navigation bar!

Sound is way better, optimized with pie and those AVG headphones that came with the phone now sound like the should. Even has Dolby Atmos now. Accessaility is great for these tall phones. Yay Pie!

Android Pie is here, those who didn't get it automatically, download it manually under Settings > Software Update and you should get it. Overall the update went so smooth and the experience so far is good enough. Not a lot of change I noticed as touted by others regarding One UI...it looks so subtle.

My AOD in lock clock date and phone number is black now where did it go? Fix this please. Help need my clock date phone number showing AOD when I use my button to turn off but only for the clock date and my phone number shows help fix this

This is what I am talking about in AOD but did get Good Lock app it fixed it but now my phone number not shows need to see my phone number when need it to show me for sometimes my memory kind of goes blank. Thanks

You guys have excellent customer service, but software updates is not T-Mobile strong suit.

Who ever at Samsung though it'd be cool to introduce night mode but only make it available if you don't use a theme is stupid. Why even put it in there if we can't use it.