Solved

Note 8 Pie Update E.T.A

How long is it going to take for android pie update for note 8.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 5 March 2019, 15:46

View original

335 replies

This is what I was talking about...release the update and people will complain about other stuff. Friggin spoiled entitled brats...

If you want night mode with a theme, you have to use a pie night mode compatible theme. Night mode is essentially a theme, you're basically asking why you can't have a black car that's white...put the the default theme, then on night mode, then change your wallpaper...what part of your theme are you trying to keep?...

I attempted the update this morning, and it bricked my note 8! It is stuck in re-start mode, and then stops and says there's an error, etc... I've already tried clearing the cache, starting in safe mode. Didn't help. So it's the update that did this. And my local store doesn't open till noon, and I have to work at noon. This sucks. Has the update bricked anyone else's phone? I haven't factory reset yet, because I want to go to the store and have the techs take a look at it. Maybe it can be restarted without losing any data in the previous software version? Thoughts?

Would love to see Android standardize the share pop up across all apps. Every app does it differently. This is more of an Android thing rather than Samsung.

The best share screen in my opinion is sharing from the Gallery. All apps emulate this structure and form. Anyway, just a thought outside of this forum. Pie is sweet!

I just tried downloading the pie update for the galaxy note 8. It didn't take on my phone and is now in Android Recovery mode. I need a tmobile rep to get ahold of me as soon as possible to help me get everything dealt with and get the pie update to work on my phone. This is craziness. I don't know where else to contact a tmobile rep because I only have my laptop as a means of communicating right now. Thank you, I'd appreciate any help.

Badge

I love the update! My apologies to all the people having issues.

Make sure you have enough storage space on your phone. Maybe 6gb to be safe. Not sure how much is actually needed and let it run. It looked like it froze for a while when I updated.

AGREED!

Did it get fixed?

Yes. I did everything i could try *myself* before factory reset, no luck. Took it to tmobile store, they also tried some stuff, no luck. So we factory reset it, and that fixed it, and it came through with the new update too. The tmobile tech really couldn't figure out what the problem was. He suspects maybe a recent app I downloaded from pplaystore...but who knows. Thank God I back up my stuff to Google and samsung...  it all got repopulated when we reset it.

In that case it could have likely been a game or an app with malware encoding and does something like photo editing, but I can see how that would crash a phone doing an update when it goes through each app for optimization. If it hits a bad one, then in theory that could happen.