Solved

Note 8 wont start after latest update

So I got the latest update for my note 8 last night and it seems to have ruined my phone. it is now stuck in a boot loop. After a while I was able to erase all app data but that didn't help either. I was wondering if anyone knows how to start it without having to do a factory reset and lose all my info I had on there as I wasn't able to back up everything and I have some really important notes, photos, and videos on there. thank you.

icon

Best answer by sweetpeach 16 April 2019, 04:03

Did anyone use Smartswitch to backup their phone first? You can backup the phone to your SD card now, no need to connect to a computer! Factory reset your phone and reinstall your data through Smartswitch. 😉

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Ypu could retry flashing the latest factory image and using the HOME_CSC to preserve data.  If that doesn't work though, you might as well flash the full image with the normal CSC to get your device working again.

I have a similar problem. Mine constantly errors since the attempted update.

Among the messages it said that I could wipe my app data and that may allow it to boot, so I did that, but there was no change.

Now the only option left on screen is to visit a service center.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Ah, that's just no good. I don't know of another way to fix this other than resetting the device. Please let us know if you decided to do the reset or if you've found another fix.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Did anyone use Smartswitch to backup their phone first? You can backup the phone to your SD card now, no need to connect to a computer! Factory reset your phone and reinstall your data through Smartswitch. 😉