Question

OEM Unlock for Samsung Galaxy Tab S7/7+ 5G

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So I know that usually on other devices that when you go into developer mode the OEM Unlock toggle is grayed out, however for the Samsung Galaxy Tab s7/+ 5G its completely gone.  My question is when will this be added back as once the devices is paid off or paid immediately we should be able to toggle this to unlock the bootloader.  After all its our device right? At least once its paid off. Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes I did check it and like I said it's not there. With that said this is not a xda matter it's with t-mobile. T-mobile is in control of what comes with or in the stock roms. Even when going to samsung they tell you the same thing. Either way, I would like to know what t-mobile plans on doing about this? Once my device is paid off it's mine to do what I wish. I shouldn't have to worry or be corned that I may not be able to do something as simple as I lock the bootloader because basic options are purposely left out of the developer settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you check in the Developer Options?  XDA-Developers forum for your tablet would be your best place to find out how to unlock the bootloader on your tablet.