Sticky Blog

Official Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Pre-order Thread

• 14 January 2021
  • 77 replies
Official Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Pre-order Thread
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
To get information about the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, check out the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G blog. This device is available for pre-order on January 14, 2021 at 8am PT, 2021 and available for purchase on January 29, 2021. Have questions? Reply below!
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G

77 replies

Looks amazing!!! Wow!

S10+ trade-in is only showing like $190ish bill credit. Is this OK and the promo for $800 will take care of itself?

Also, i guess we would have to wait until at least tomorrow for the Buds Pro to be listed to get the 50% off at same time required purchase?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

S10+ trade-in is only showing like $190ish bill credit. Is this OK and the promo for $800 will take care of itself?

Also, i guess we would have to wait until at least tomorrow for the Buds Pro to be listed to get the 50% off at same time required purchase?

Thanks for posting @JimmyHACK . The offer is for a one-time credit and monthly bill credits. For the buds, were they not available on our sales page or when you tried to pre-order? Just like to get an idea of what you’re seeing. 

Thanks for posting @JimmyHACK . The offer is for a one-time credit and monthly bill credits. For the buds, were they not available on our sales page or when you tried to pre-order? Just like to get an idea of what you’re seeing. 

I can locate the Buds Live and Buds +, just not the new Buds Pro.

I’m having an issue when trying to pre-order where it’s asking me to pay for my “remaining” EIP balance (31.25), despite me already paying it off (recently, like an hour ago).

Any insight on how I can get this fixed ? I’d call in but want to avoid the $20 “assistance” fee.

Hello!

Wanted to understand how the offer works -

1. Do we receive $800 credit irrespective of the phone listed, for example, will it be $800 for S9 and $800 S10 or are the two phones valued differently?
  2. Does the customer have to pay the cost of the phone and the $800 would be applied as line credits over 24 months? / How much is due at the time of pre-order?
  3. How long is the offer valid for? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for posting @JimmyHACK . The offer is for a one-time credit and monthly bill credits. For the buds, were they not available on our sales page or when you tried to pre-order? Just like to get an idea of what you’re seeing. 

I’ll need to circle back for you and find more information. From what I’ve read, it our stores should have it, but I’m gonna find out more about these Buds for you. Please stay tuned.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I’m having an issue when trying to pre-order where it’s asking me to pay for my “remaining” EIP balance (31.25), despite me already paying it off (recently, like an hour ago).

Any insight on how I can get this fixed ? I’d call in but want to avoid the $20 “assistance” fee.

@IXARanger it may take a little bit of time for the system to update that payment went through. Keep checking back. If they payment went through from your bank and isn’t pending, you should be fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello!

Wanted to understand how the offer works -

1. Do we receive $800 credit irrespective of the phone listed, for example, will it be $800 for S9 and $800 S10 or are the two phones valued differently?
  2. Does the customer have to pay the cost of the phone and the $800 would be applied as line credits over 24 months? / How much is due at the time of pre-order?
  3. How long is the offer valid for? 

Thanks!

@Paritoshkc 

1. You can get up to $800 depending on the phone. For example, if the trade-in doesn’t have a fair market value of $800, you’d take the difference, minus the $800. The difference would then be applied to the account via monthly bill credits.
  2. The cost you’d pay depends on if you’re trading in a device or not during check out. Keep in mind, you’ll need to opt for EIP when you purchase the phone. The system will ask if you’re trading in a device. Once you go through the upgrade process, it’ll give you the price you pay before you check out.
  3. Right now it’s TBD. I don’t have info on how long it’ll ask, so I’d suggest going for it as soon as you can. :slight_smile:

I’ll need to circle back for you and find more information. From what I’ve read, it our stores should have it, but I’m gonna find out more about these Buds for you. Please stay tuned.

The Buds Pro are now live on the online sho, but it doesn’t offer 50%  off when getting it with a S21.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The Buds Pro are now live on the online sho, but it doesn’t offer 50%  off when getting it with a S21.

For the promo, you'd have to buy the phone and the buds together. I’m still looking into the promo’s visibility. I’m thinking you may want to go through the preorder process and see if the offer appears then.

Still a little lost as I am getting different numbers when attempting to checkout. 

I have a V60. On the S21 page I am seeing a trade-in value of $800. When i go to checkout I am quoted a trade-in value of $203. Am I getting the $203 off in one shot then $597 (800 - 203 = 597) spread over 24 months in credits or only the $203?

Can the trade-in AND buy-one-get-one-free deal be done at the same time? My account has 3 lines. I have an S10 that I can trade in. I also have two lines for my parents, they have really old phones so nothing to trade in. Can I use their lines for the buy 1 get 1 AND do my trade-in?

Also a question about the trade-in. Do I have to send in my phone before I get the replacement or will I have some time in between to transfer everything? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Still a little lost as I am getting different numbers when attempting to checkout. 

I have a V60. On the S21 page I am seeing a trade-in value of $800. When i go to checkout I am quoted a trade-in value of $203. Am I getting the $203 off in one shot then $597 (800 - 203 = 597) spread over 24 months in credits or only the $203?

It’ll be the difference of the value of the trade-in and the $800 that’ll be added to the account as a monthly credit.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can the trade-in AND buy-one-get-one-free deal be done at the same time? My account has 3 lines. I have an S10 that I can trade in. I also have two lines for my parents, they have really old phones so nothing to trade in. Can I use their lines for the buy 1 get 1 AND do my trade-in?

Also a question about the trade-in. Do I have to send in my phone before I get the replacement or will I have some time in between to transfer everything? 

Thanks!

The offer will allow you to get 4 discounted devices on a single account. You’ll just need to make sure you meet all the requirements.

Thanks!

The offer will allow you to get 4 discounted devices on a single account. You’ll just need to make sure you meet all the requirements.

Awesome, thank you!

I've asked Samsung US on twitter, and I've gotten two responses. Does T-mobile know if eSIM will be enabled on this device at launch? 

Hello! I’ve gotten to the end of the pre-order/upgrade process and after going through the trade-in process using my S10 it’s only showing a 197 one-time credit. But it’s saying my next payment is “33” and i’m wondering if the promo is broken for me? Shouldn’t it just be free if the chart’s showing 800 for an S10?

For the promo, you'd have to buy the phone and the buds together. I’m still looking into the promo’s visibility. I’m thinking you may want to go through the preorder process and see if the offer appears then.

Same problem with the buds promo not working. It add the buds at the full price, not the 50% price

So from what I’m getting, the monthly bill credits will be applied as the difference between the $800 and the trade-in value at checkout?

I understand the concept that the remainder of the $800 trade-in will be paid out as 24 monthly credits minus the initial trade-in credit. But what bothers me is that the contract I am supposed to e-sign at checkout says NOTHING about those details much less any mention of a Samsung store credit or Smart Tag. It appears as a straight forward contract with 24 monthly payments of approx. $33.

Will the S21 be available for prepaid as well on release day or only post paid?

I understand the concept that the remainder of the $800 trade-in will be paid out as 24 monthly credits minus the initial trade-in credit. But what bothers me is that the contract I am supposed to e-sign at checkout says NOTHING about those details much less any mention of a Samsung store credit or Smart Tag. It appears as a straight forward contract with 24 monthly payments of approx. $33.

Seems like everyone is seeing the same thing - can we get an answer if this is correct that the contract have no indication of the $800 credit?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Takes time for the system to catch up with EIP payoffs. You can call support at no charge to take a look and correct it. 

Badge

Ok so why is the website so cryptic about this? 

I have an s9+ and a s10, I went through the promo link and it valued the phones fsr below the 33.33 per month and I went all the way thru the purchase process up to keying the credit card info with no mention of "hey you're getting this credited back every month and we are not actually giving you $197 for your Galaxy S10.

I even used the chat function on the website and that guy was clueless