Solved

omadm notification every 15 minutes

Badge

phone: Samsung Galaxy s9+

model #: sm-g965u1

Android version 10 (upgraded from version 9 pushed out by t-mobile)

one ui version 2.1

android security patch level: July 1, 2020

Since the last update, I get a notification from omadm “firmware update not completed”

This notification will not go away and cannot be dismissed.

OMADM cannot be disabled in settings

Also, when unlocking the phone, I get another notification that the firmware update completed successfully!

I get these notification about every 15 minutes.

These notification also wake the screen up on their own all the time.

How can I stop this?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 2 September 2020, 11:32

That depends.  None of these back up things included by the manufacturers or third party seem to back up everything.  When I flash a device, I manually back up as much as I can first. 

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Try wiping the phone’s cache. Usually, by turning the phone completely off, then holding down the volume up and on/off button simultaneously until the phone vibrates. THEN let go of the on/off button only! Wipe the cache & reboot the system. You navigate the menu up/down with the volume rocker & choose with the on/off button. :wink:

Badge

For anyone who might be reading this, this did not work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Have you tried the steps suggested in this thread?

Internal Error 407

Badge

I’ve tried that many times as well. None of the online solutions work. I suspect this is a Sprint problem that was ported over to T-Mobile after the merge.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You have the Unlocked version of the S9+, right? Or is it Sprint branded?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

U1 is the Samsung non-carrier specific firmware.  This issue is known to Samsung and affects a growing number of their devices with more recently released updates.  Using ODIN or Samsung KIES to flash the latest full version of the firmware is one way to get around this but it will completely wipe the device.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

U1 is the Samsung non-carrier specific firmware.  This issue is known to Samsung and affects a growing number of their devices with more recently released updates.  Using ODIN or Samsung KIES to flash the latest full version of the firmware is one way to get around this but it will completely wipe the device.  

Won’t a Smartswitch backup solve this problem...”will completely wipe the device.”

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That depends.  None of these back up things included by the manufacturers or third party seem to back up everything.  When I flash a device, I manually back up as much as I can first. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Other than backing up your game settings & accomplishments, Smartswitch does just about everything else if you so choose...phone settings & Samsung apps and settings.

Badge

I bought it used off of Amazon. As to backing up, most of my data is cloud based, i.e. Lyft, Uber, etc. So All I really need to do is log back into these services. Just about everything else goes to the SD card.

Didn’t know that an Odin or Kies flash would work, I’ll try that.

Badge

I did not bring my phone over from sprint, (samsung galaxy s9+), it was always a t-mobile phone and nothing works. I get this #$%% notification every 15 minutes.

The UICC unlock DOES NOT WORK,

wiping the cache DOES NOT WORK,

reflashing stock firmware DOES NOT WORK.

restarting the phone in safemode DOES NOT WORK.  

NONE OF THE THE SOLUTIONS I HAVE FOUND ONLINE WORK!

I need something THAT WORKS!

Badge

FYI, my samsung tablet, which does not have a sim card, does not have this issue.

Badge

FYI, my samsung tablet, which does not have a sim card, does not have this issue.

I had this same issue for weeks after my Note 10 received an update. From the research I did, it does indeed seem to be an issue that stemmed from the merger. OMADM is what Sprint uses to verify their device updates. My guess is that it’s trying to verify but since we have a T-Mobile SIM, it’s not successful. If you’re willing to get your hands dirty and know how to use ADB, you can manually disable OMADM on your phone following these instructions: https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/ and https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77194732&postcount=11

This completely solved the issue for me. However, if you factory reset your phone it will come back.

Badge

I’d like to give a big thank you to Hunter2451. This actually worked!

silence sweet silence!

Badge

I’d like to give a big thank you to Hunter2451. This actually worked!

silence sweet silence!

Glad I could help! It was making my phone unusable.

You may want to mark my post as the answer to your question so others can find it more easily.

Badge

For some reason I can’t. 

To anyone else who reads this, my problem was fixed by Hunter2451’s reply. The post marked as answer by syaoran, which I did not mark as the answer, had nothing to do my problem and was in reply to a minor backup issue someone else was having.

Badge

I would also like to add this method survives a reboot.

I had this same issue for weeks after my Note 10 received an update. From the research I did, it does indeed seem to be an issue that stemmed from the merger. OMADM is what Sprint uses to verify their device updates. My guess is that it’s trying to verify but since we have a T-Mobile SIM, it’s not successful. If you’re willing to get your hands dirty and know how to use ADB, you can manually disable OMADM on your phone following these instructions: https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/ and https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77194732&postcount=11

This completely solved the issue for me. However, if you factory reset your phone it will come back.

Thank you hunger2451. I just want to confirm this worked for me as well!

Badge

When enabling developer options (I think you tap software version(?) 7 times in settings), you have to choose default usb configuration. If you don’t, then, even though you have Samsung drivers installed, your windows pc will not recognize/see your phone. In Developer options, look under Tethering Hardware Acceleration and directly under that is Default USB configuration. Tap that and choose Transferring files/Android Auto. After doing that, when you connect your phone via the usb cable, you should get an authorization for the computer you are connected to.

Gotcha’s:  My laptop’s usb connections are a little loose, so if yours is like this as well, try connecting a usb hub first and connect your phone to the usb hub.