Solved

One Plus 8 android 11 update ETA?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anyone have any information on when T-Mobile will release the android 11 update? 

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 2 April 2021, 21:16

If folks come across this, our Software updates: OnePlus 8 page does show that Android 11 is available for this device. Check out that page for more info.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

139 replies

No always on display. The biggest requested feature that folks were looking for in android 11 for oneplus and they didn't include it

Yup, I guess they decided that the most looked forward to feature and probably one of the coolest features should be axed from all TMobile OnePlus 8s. This goes to show that they do read these forums and they do know what we want and what we are looking forward to. Because they rip it. 

This is absolute bull****. How in the world can a feature like AOD be problematic to a carrier version vs an OEM device? That's utterly absurd. There is absolutely zero reason to remove this feature from our devices and yet it remind for the OEM.

I'll tell you exactly what happened. Tmobile doesn't want to support calls about battery issues and  the idiots who call in and say "why won't my phone turn off". So they axed the feature.

I'm pissed. I'm done with tmobile.

Man you were Soo eager to prove him wrong you jumped right out the window with this stupid screenshot as if it meant something.

It was pretty clear he referred to the Always On Display aspect of the ambient display. He even said "Always On". 

Maybe next time put some thought into your posts...

Yup, just gave them an earful.  Gave some lame excuse about the network.

So I just had android 11 drop last night. Be weary though bc my phone now gets excessively hot doing mundane things like browsing the web. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

seeing the same temp reports over at V..you might attempt a cache dump to see if it fixes it or not.. are any apps now showing to be draining a lot more battery than before the update?

I think this new update sabotage T-Mobile OnePlus 8 phones. I can't do s### without it keep freezing

I'm having the same issue. Phone keeps freezing randomly

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Try factory resetting the device.  I haven’t had any issues with mine feeling sluggish or freezing, but I keep minimal apps and stuff on all of my devices.  

Try factory resetting the device.  I haven’t had any issues with mine feeling sluggish or freezing, but I keep minimal apps and stuff on all of my devices.  

Decided to factory reset and start from scratch and it started freezing up again. I have to restart the phone daily to keep it from freezing. :rage:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I know some blame the firmware.  Have you tried the MSM Tool to roll it back to an earlier firmware to try and eliminate it being a bad or potentially corrupted update causing the issue?  You could always RMA the device as well through the manufacturers warranty or insurance on the device, if you have that. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I know some blame the firmware.  Have you tried the MSM Tool to roll it back to an earlier firmware to try and eliminate it being a bad or potentially corrupted update causing the issue?  You could always RMA the device as well through the manufacturers warranty or insurance on the device, if you have that. 

I haven't had any issues, but I also religiously keep no apps in the background and only use the manufacture charger (Samsung refused to replace a phone once “BeCaUsE ItS NoT a SaMsUnG ChArGeR.”) I also restart it once a week. 

The only big issues I have come across is calls act kind of weird for a few seconds (i.e. Hearing someone's voice, THEN the ringing of the placed call?????), but this has also only been 2 times out of a few hundred. I also had the phone randomly reboot directly after installing the update, but none after. 

If your having issues, resetting the device is going to be the first thing any support, T-Mobile or OnePlus, is going to tell you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I haven't had any issues, but I also religiously keep no apps in the background and only use the manufacture charger (Samsung refused to replace a phone once “BeCaUsE ItS NoT a SaMsUnG ChArGeR.”) I also restart it once a week. 

The only big issues I have come across is calls act kind of weird for a few seconds (i.e. Hearing someone's voice, THEN the ringing of the placed call?????), but this has also only been 2 times out of a few hundred. I also had the phone randomly reboot directly after installing the update, but none after. 

If your having issues, resetting the device is going to be the first thing any support, T-Mobile or OnePlus, is going to tell you.

a lot of it will depend on the issue popping up. not unheard of for a no longer compatible app to create issues until its also updated to be compatible again. most of the people i know will perform a FR prior to doing any large OS update..then do the update..then load all their stuff back on once they see everything is stable..anything pops up after that then odds are its going to be app related. most manufacturers when doing their testing are doing it on fully stock devices with zero added on apps.

Another update and STILL missing AOD.  T-Mobile, why are you making sure people who buy the T-Mobile carrier branded OnePlus devices consistently have the worst experience?  Get it together.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If folks come across this, our Software updates: OnePlus 8 page does show that Android 11 is available for this device. Check out that page for more info.