Question

OnePlus 10T Android 13 When?

• 22 November 2022
  • 16 replies

Badge

T-Mobile says it's still in development.... Not even testing yet? Maybe next year we will get it?

16 replies

Update: Download and Install went smoothly.

I just now randomly checked for an update even though my 10T was showing as up to date, and the 13 update is available. I'm downloading it now. 

Can we at least get security updates? It's halfway through April and I'm still on December. Not saying every month it's gotta be spot on but it seems like nothing is being worked on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not to add salt to the wound but not all OEMs ran into issues with 12 lol..

oh and im in full agreement on this one though..12 itself was by far nothing worth bragging about..heck after 12 all the OEMs seem to be a bit trigger shy with pushing out 13 now. well for the most part..Samsung seems to be blazing along without to many issues.

I didn't say I was angry, just disappointed. However, having been a T-Mobile customer for more than 2 decades, I can assure you that at least some of the blame lies with the carrier. T-Mobile has always been one of the last to push updates, regardless of device brand. And if we're saying it's all about quality control, they should've never rolled out the garbage that is Android 12 at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might point your anger at OnePlus..theyre the ones that handle their devices updates..not the carrier..the carrier tests and tells them what they need to include but other than that thats about it..if it doesnt pass testing then its kicked back to the manufacturer to fix and resend to be tested..wash rinse repeat.

if this were the case then there isnt much point in TMO blasting out 13 to so many Samsung devices that are quite a bit older than most of the OP devices that are still waiting.. if you bump over to the OnePlus forums you’ll see the same things..shat ton of Beta testing over and over because they kept running into issues.

for what its worth I received 13 on my LG V60...it was one of the final things LG had to take care of before fully pulling the plug on devices.

I've been a T-Mobile customer since they were Airtouch. Just upgraded from 6T to 10T. You might call me loyal, but it's hard to stay that way when I buy the 2nd newest flagship and it's out of the box with the same Android version as my 5yr/4 flagships old device. I had a hard time choosing between 10t/10pro/11, but went with 10t due to front camera positioning and back camera shape (lil OCD) I knew I was compromising on a few other things, but didn't really even think about checking if the recently released flagship phone I'm about to buy actually has the software that every other recently released flagship has. I get that they prob didn't sell nearly as many 10t as they did 10pro, but come on T-Mobile, it is taking way too long to pull the rest of your customers out of Android 12 hell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I'm over it. Won't be buying any phone that TMobile is linked to from now on. Should have known better but the price for the hardware on the phone I couldn't pass it up.

Samsung didnt have any issues kicking out their updates for their devices..

I'm over it. Won't be buying any phone that TMobile is linked to from now on. Should have known better but the price for the hardware on the phone I couldn't pass it up.

Badge

3 months have passed and the Update is still in development....

Userlevel 1

Please stay away from this company.  

Badge

Yep, and OnePlus is all their customers on the Earbuds too with bad firmware updates that are killing the Earbuds.

They're already working on releasing Android 14.. uhh, yello TMobile! Guess we just sit here and waiting..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah OP is a tad bit behind everyone else..even looking at their forums. one of the software team members posts updates in their forums..if you dont keep tabs over there heres the link for the OP10 series.

https://community.oneplus.com/circle/1034257644749324298

and yeah...Samsung is smashing updates out like crazy..heck all you see in the completed side are Samsung devices..

Badge

One month later and Still in "Development"... My Samsung s21 Ultra, Samsung Tab S7+ and even my Samsung A52 have Android 13 at this point.... and this Top End OnePlus I decided to give a go is still "In Development"…

I hope all the extra time they are taking is going to take care of ALL the problems that exist currently in the End Life of Android 12 on this device... I've never had to use another Home Launcher on a high end device to achieve a clean and responsive Home screen, on this phone I do. Also, when I push the recent apps button, nothing happens... when I push it again it swaps apps and then finally pushing it again shows me the recent apps.... Just a couple super annoying things right off the top of my head...

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When it’s ready!  There was issues with a beta version so that has held up things a lot for the 10T’s.  OnePlus is working on it though.

OnePlus 10T 5G: Update to Android 13 | T-Mobile Support