Solved

OnePlus 6T Update Delays

• 15 November 2018
  • 64 replies

Has there been any word on when Community-1 will start to roll out updates for the Community-2947?

Out of the box, the device was already an update behind its unlocked counterpart, and OnePlus has rolled out two more OTA updates since the launch, putting us 3 updates behind after only two weeks. T-Mobile's Software Updates page shows no updates in progress for any device, let alone the 6T, and both OnePlus and T-Mobile have been reluctant to say exactly how much of a delay we can expect.

14 days in, the 6T is still missing half of the features advertised at the product launch. No Navigation Gestures 2.0, No short press of the power button for Google Assistant, no Studio Lighting, and Screen Unlock fingerprint reader is slow and unreliable at best, just to name a few things that Oneplus had already added/fixed at launch for their unlocked devices.

I can come to terms with not being on the bleeding edge anymore (I upgraded from a Oneplus 5T on the Beta channel), but I at least want to know when I can hope to see the software experience I expected at launch.

icon

Best answer by mdburton11 17 November 2018, 01:45

View original

64 replies

Userlevel 6

Should unmark as answered.  This is an on-going topic.

Userlevel 6

Folks on Reddit told me the TMO version and build numbers don't match OnePlus.  So maybe only 1 update behind .Not sure .

OnePlus 6T is awesome devicecwith poor T-Mobile softwar/security updates!!  

Get with the program T-Mobile . We want updates sooner then 6 months later.    Also, February almost over and we still stuck on December security!?     ‍♂️

I am not an expert thread person so please bear with me. I was on phone today with T-Mobile Tech Support and the guy I was talking to told me that T-Mobile does NOT push out updates for the OnePlus6T and that I had to to the OnePlus website directly and download the update. The Tech Support person then conferenced me in with "Jane" from OnePlus Tech support. She said I had to go to the OnePlus website and manually download the 1.6 GB OxygenOS 9.0.12 update to a desktop PC. Then I had to plug my OP6T phone into my notebook computer and manually copy the zip file to the phone. She did not say where I copy it to just "to the phone".

So, I went to OP website:

https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=9

Tried to download the 1.6 GB file and it failed 4 times.

I did plug my phone into the computer but I could not see where to copy the zip file to, had I been able to actually download the update! My notebook could see the phone but no "Root Directory" was shown.

So, I am a little relieved to have read this community thread in that I know I am not the only one having this problem.

What blows me away is that the T-Mobile Tech Support guy flat told me that "T-Mobile does not push out updates and that updates come from the manufacturer". End quote!

Thanks so much and I hope I didn't ramble on too much. I should have just bought the phone direct from OnePlus and I would have had timely OTA updates and a headphone jack!!

Userlevel 6

Okay a few misconceptions there. The T-Mobile version of the 6t gets its updates from T-Mobile. The global or international version gets it directly from OnePlus. The T-Mobile version cannot download zip file and install it because the option to install from local storage is not available in the update menu.

The OnePlus from OnePlus the global version can update directly from OnePlus and download that update file like you tried it to download for x and install from local storage.

Also neither version has a headphone jack.

Thank you. I do understand your message and I appreciate your quick reply.

1) Regarding the headphone jack. I was referring to the OnePlus6. Not the OnePlus6T International or T-Mobile variants.

2) It was the T-Mobile tech support person I spoke to that sent me to the OnePlus person. Honestly, he may have thought I had a OnePlus6T International phone. I will concede that.

Still would like for T-Mobile to push out the OxygenOS 9.0.12 update.

Thanks again, very much

T-Mobile Support

|

OnePlus 6T Update Delays

reply from snn555 in Android products - View the full discussion

Okay a few misconceptions there. The T-Mobile version of the 6t gets its updates from T-Mobile. The global or international version gets it directly from OnePlus. The T-Mobile version cannot download zip file and install it because the option to install from local storage is not available in the update menu.

The OnePlus from OnePlus the global version can update directly from OnePlus and download that update file like you tried it to download for x and install from local storage.

Thanks for your reply.

I was referring to the OP6, not either of the OP6T variants, regarding the headphone jack.

Also, the T-Mobile Support guy probably thought I had the OP6T International version, instead of the T-Mobile OP6T, that I own.. I can understand that.

Your reply helps me understand better. Just wish T-Mobile would push out the new updates.

Have a good day.

Hey, me again. Is there anyway you can remove my real name from the thread? Sure would appreciate it.

Have a good evening.

Michael Tomlinson

(985) 630-7176

"Never cut what can be untied.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 5:38 PM, snn555<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

#yiv4435292051 * #yiv4435292051 a #yiv4435292051 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv4435292051 #yiv4435292051 h1, #yiv4435292051 h2, #yiv4435292051 h3, #yiv4435292051 h4, #yiv4435292051 h5, #yiv4435292051 h6, #yiv4435292051 p, #yiv4435292051 hr {}#yiv4435292051 .yiv4435292051button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

OnePlus 6T Update Delays

reply from snn555 in Android products - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following OnePlus 6T Update Delays in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Userlevel 6

Yeah .Your post heading says 6T.

snn555,

Can you please remove this thread of my responses? My real name and phone number is posted in the thread.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6

Your name is turbodog2. That's not your real name. You see your real name but we see your screen name.

Thank you.

I had responded to the email that was generated. For whatever reason that email reply showed up in this thread with my signature.

That is what I wanted deleted.

I think you meant Hilary, not Huckabee Sanders.

Userlevel 6

9.0.12 June 1 2019 security patch released yesterday. Software page is 2 versions behind.