OnePlus 7 pro updates

Userlevel 1
Badge

It appears OnePlus has had update version 9.5.10 out for several weeks now and T-Mobile has yet to send update out to their customers. The last two updates from T-Mobile have been only security updates for Android. OnePlus has released software updates to improve the camera and screen gestures and touches, but TMobile hasn't. If my phone was unlocked I could download the updates online. TMobile has to step up and refrain from not updating new phones.

63 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes.  Just use the MSM tool with the T-Mobile image to return to stock T-Mobile.  There is a separate thread with the files on XDA for going from International to T-Mobile.

THANKS!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is a stable release but that release is in a very limited release to get feedback and bug reports.  Stable does not mean final or released to everyone! 

Any word on when T-Mo will release OS10 for its variants?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There has been no release date announced.  Anyone's best guess.  I would guesstimate mid to late October even though the test build for the T-Mobile firmware is more functional than the International version that was released to a limited number of device owners.

@magenta9457232  @syaoran I CAN CONFIRM : Last Night I took the plunge and tried out the switch to International version. Took literally 10 min. 2 small issues, I forgot to run MSM Tool as admin, and also had to hit start before going into EDL mode as I never saw the "Connected" notice to hit start. Other than that, Smooth sailing and EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY! no issues with gestures, No issues with Bluetooth, Wifi calling works without a hitch, I use Google Pay last nice so NFC must be working just fine, Phone is still buttery smooth as it should, Camera is better! I LOVE NIGHTMODE WIDE ANGLE! I also Updated to Android 10 right away and still no issues and love all the extra features. Follow the steps and profit! Ill check back in a week or so to update! If you want me to test anything let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Issues will definitely vary by user.  NFC does not work for me at McDonald's.  The girlfriend's truck isn't really new but the stereo was put in a few years ago.  It works fine with her S9 Plus though and worked on 9.5.11 for me  The easiest way to get rid of the extra space under the Google keyboard is to switch to SwiftKey.

I' m glad you aren't noticing any issues.  The flash process is fairly easy.  I use ADB to boot to EDL, which I find is easier than holding volume buttons while trying to connect it.  One of the threads with people discussing updates, rolling back, and reporting bugs on XDA is fairly long.  A lot of people in there have reported the issues I have mentioned and many more.  I have personally never experienced the battery heating issue with 9.5.11 or 10 stable but there is a thread about that on the OnePlus boards. 

Fully understand that! I've been scouring XDA for the past week reading up on the switch. I was using ADB as well, for whatever reason MSM was not saying connected so I just started on standby. Well hope I just hit the jackpot and no issues arise!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Still no update.

Userlevel 1
Badge

T-mobile announced they will update the OP 7 Pro to Android 10 but still no date set. What I don't understand is why T-mobile is selling the OP 7T which comes with Android 10, which T-Mobile had to approve. 😕

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It has been a long time. I wonder if we will get the update before next year. This is starting to remind me of LG

Ikr it's ridiculous, OnePlus released that update months ago. I'm baffled at how the 7T came with Android 10 to but the 7Pro has yet to see it, and it's not like the 7 Pro is a very old phone. Meanwhile my old Note 8 gets security updates before my newer OnePlus phone which is still stuck on September Security Update, what a sad shame.

They definitely need to get this update out ASAP. One of the biggest reasons I purchased this phone was because of the wide angle camera. Samsung and iPhone are able to record video with the wide lens and also use the wide lens with camera flash. It seems ridiculous to me that on one of the most advanced phones out there (One Plus 7 pro) they couldn't accomplish this.

Particularly frustrating when they launch a newer, cheaper version that has newer software. I don't care if T-Mobile wants to "test the software first" because they don't want it to crash... I get that. But they need to understand it looks horrible that they are including features in a $600 new phone that my $700 more advanced phone I purchased 2 months previously doesn't have it. You think I won't switch because of this?!?! Big bet!!!