OnePlus 7T Android 11 worst update ever 😡

Badge

This is probably the worst update I've seen with any Android. Auto-rotate does not work consistently which I thought it was Tasker at first.  But after uninstalling it, I realized it's not.

Waze, YouTube, all are inconsistent and whether or not uninstalling and installing the app doesn't seem to make a difference.  And yes, auto rotate is on the entire time.

The battery life seems to be worse now having to charge twice a day.  Never had such issue with my 7T.

Compressing videos is absolutely slow now.  It takes forever like it's throttling the processor.

Deleting videos fr the file manager also takes forever with only a few.  It doesn't delete it quick like it used to.  Why?

Please fix or roll this back. I can't even enjoy the phone any more.  More tests should've been done before such update was rolled out 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

17 replies

Adding to this:

When using a usb-c adapter for simultaneous wired headset and charging use, audio is no longer routed over the adapter while charging.

When using a usb-c dock, the phone immediately freezes, requiring a forced reboot.

Amazon Music occasionally loses ability to sign in, requiring reinstall of the app.

Keyboard occasionally fails to pass text to the application.

I MADE A T-MOBILE ID JUST FOR THIS!

AGREED! Worst update ever. Woke up panicked thinking in late for work because my lockscreen clock changed and I can no longer see the 1 for any of my times. Why? Because it's in red, and I'm COLORBLIND!! didn't have this issue with the analog clock I had selected before the update changed it. All- not one or two - of my personal settings were the same. Spent an hr navigating a new menu with removed options only to find some settings I'll never get back. 

Also experiencing what feels like throttled data speed, my work apps are all slow now and need constant restarting. 

I've lost my in app camera for various things which makes taking overnight pre trip inspection photos for work impossible. 

All online knowledge says factory reset doesn't fix problems for most people, you know it's bad when resets and deleted and re downloaded apps don't fix the issue. 

Some of this is a minor inconvience. Some of it is already effecting my work and sleep. All over options I DIDNT SELECT AND NOW CANNOT CHANGE. I tried to deny the update worked for 3 days then, TMOBILE PUSHED IT ON ME. SO I DIDN'T BUY THE PRODUCT THIS WAY I TRIED TO DENY GETTING MY PRODUCT TURNED INTO THIS AND IT WAS FORCED UPON ME AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN READ MY CLOCK RIGHT TO KNOW IF I NEED TO BE UP FOR WORK IF I'M LATER IF I'M EARLY. THIS IS BS. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GET A NEW PHONE JUST SO I CAN READ MY CLOCK OR REMOVE MY LOCK SCREEN SO I DON'T BECOME CONFUSED AND THERE HAVE OTHER PROBLEMS. EITHER THIS NEEDS FIXED ASAP!!! OR SOMEONE OWES ME A NEW D*** PHONE.

Best part is since I work overnight delivery I can't even get any dam support about my issues. I was lucky I got to work today considering all the issues I'm having. If I loose wages because because this crappy update I'm gonna loose it. 

I was able to get ahold of OnePlus support yesterday.  They said they’re aware of the issue impacting the T-Mobile OnePlus7t users and are working on a patch that should be released soon.  Unfortunately they weren’t able to provide an estimate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@syaoran  cant remember..was this device one of the Betas you did or one of the other OPs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@syaoran  cant remember..was this device one of the Betas you did or one of the other OPs?

I am currently running a beta.  The last official update didn't fully solve the issue for me.  The devices I have, are the 7 Pro, 8 5G, and 8T+ 5G currently. 

Badge

Update on my issue now that I can explain in detail (and calmly lol) as I’ve been so frustrated with this update:

Yes, I cleared the device cache holding down the vol down + power method.  Did not resolve any issue.

• Autorotate function gets disabled as soon as the device connects to Bluetooth; it’s not app-dependent.  Tested with Waze, YouTube, and even if the screen rotation is enabled, it does nothing.  Disconnecting the Bluetooth still takes a while before the phone will rotate
  • Stock gallery app is slow as molasses; deleting a single 30MB video takes 2-3 seconds.  Before the Android 11 update, it was instant.  I tried to delete 15-20 pictures and videos at once and literally took 30 seconds……..
  • Video compression using any compressing app takes 2-3 times longer now.  It’s as if the phone is throttling the processor
  • The charging must be new as I had to disable the intelligent charge which I was wondering why it was taking forever to charge especially on our phone with Warp Charge!
  • The wifi seems to drop a lot and reconnect no matter what SSID I’m on

Can I just suggest a rollback option somehow?  It really left a bad taste in my mouth with OnePlus when someone, somewhere, really neglected to test the device in depth.  I don’t think the auto rotate bug should ever happened.  Minor bugs, sure, I get it but never in my entire 10+ years of owning Android devices from Gingerbread had such awful buggy rollout.  Heck, even when I used to root and flash custom ROM’s, I never had this much of a bug :\  

Badge

Well, this phone is unusable at this point for entertainment purposes.

It seems like the phone will auto-rotate after 5-10 minutes after it’s been disconnected from Bluetooth and/or power.

Otherwise, what’s the point?  This release should never have happened.

I’m going to give OnePlus one more try as I just upgraded to 9 Pro 5G.  I’m going to use the 7T as a play-around phone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It seems like the phone will auto-rotate after 5-10 minutes after it’s been disconnected from Bluetooth and/or power.

I’m going to give OnePlus one more try as I just upgraded to 9 Pro 5G.  I’m going to use the 7T as a play-around phone.

if you are not doing it already you might try getting into their Beta program for OnePlus..

Badge

if you are not doing it already you might try getting into their Beta program for OnePlus..

Perhaps. Not that I have much time working full time and running a business so as long as the phone works, that’s all I care at this point :smile:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

on the plus side you’ll get to see what all issues are popping up in their next update and can then say “yup..that bug was in the Beta..looks like they shoved it right on through anyways” lol.

With the update to 11 I lost my "screen shot" capability. What the hell. Used it all the time....hate this new update

Badge

I will say the blame should go to both OnePlus and T-Mobile for not verifying compatibility.  There’s absolutely no excuse and still, there are no updates.  We’re not talking about small bugs.  These are just major flaws.  T-Mobile doesn’t even offer that many devices for the update so who really screwed up?  I wish these companies would own up to these mistakes rather than “ya we are fixing it”.  So professional :face_palm_tone1:

I’ve just received the update to 11.0.1.2.HD63CB.  The biggest two issues I had were NOT addressed by this update.

1. When using a combined USB-C headphone/charger adapter, the phone still refuses to route audio over the adapter if it’s also charging, defeating the purpose of the adapter
  2. Plugging the phone into a USB-C dock results in the phone locking up, requiring me to force a reboot

Badge

So guys, I got the 9 Pro and either it’s the Android issue or specific to OnePlus variants.

What’s still taking forever before this update:

• Deleting video files take just as long as the new update on the 7T
  • Compressing videos take much longer just like the 7T

I feel like the update somehow messed with or is throttling the processor.  I don’t know how it would take longer to delete files especially videos and compressing simple videos is just ridiculous!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

its mainly on OP..many of these issues were spotted in the Beta testing they did and were still pushed right on through anyways.

Badge

Good lord it's absolutely terrible. Wifi is completely unstable, battery drain is high after a full wipe, takes longer to charge and heats up like crazy doing so. Screen brightness is all over the place. Just  a few things of many. Whoever approved this update should be canned. Phone isn't even two years old and is completely hobbled by this update. I'll have to roll back to ten or buy a new phone.

7t pro Maclaren. 

Worst updated ever! 

Take 3 second going to home screen

Lag openin apps

Refers rate lag 

No massage notification 

Bluetooth disconnect after 3 minutes 

don't auto connect to wifi 

Phone only have 3 month basically new. This is totally unacceptable. 

If this is not fix I will never buy on TMobile again