Solved

oneplus 7t pro McLaren

Badge

when will android 12 come? Why is there no information when I look here?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 25 October 2022, 21:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's still in development stage so it still up in the air. Depends on Oneplus

Userlevel 3
Badge

In past there was showing in t mobile page that one plus 7t pro McLaren 5g  will under development but now there i nothing non in development, non in testing non in release... Why it is so that... It will update to android 12 or not???

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

According to the community manager it's still in development.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok good to know.. how many time it can take to complete??

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From what I read all the Oneplus lines that got 12 are having issues with it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

But i have also some bugs on Android 11, therefore im waiting 12... Multi touch doesn't work more than 3 fingers, auto app open while swiping, fast typing experience is very bad. Sometimes ghost touch issue while charging... 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have one question that we install custom rom in it, then why not we install glober version install on it??

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I thought I'd jump in here and help you since that user Gramps28 responded to me too and knows better than to tell you that it's OnePlus's fault. I have proof. 

This is intentional. The beta for the OnePlus 7T Pro (Global Variant) is currently under beta, but the fact of the matter is the responsibility of the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition (Tmobile Variant) falls squarely on T-Mobile

There is a link where I unequivocally proved this, and here is @gramps28 trying to spread more misinformation to you the T-mobile Customer despite clearly knowing better.

See, lying to you and making this whole thing confusing is a lot more profitable, so that's why the update page was removed from T-mobile's own update tracker, and that's why you haven't got the update despite, likely, being sold the phone on the promise it would receive timely updates.

The reason people are upset is because OnePlus has been communicating updates, but T-mobile has been retroactively "dirty deleting" pages related to status tracking the software updates of a given phone. While Heaven "confirmed" this its really not the case, well, clearly what we saw was they removed the page for their customers, and still haven't taken accountability. 

You should be upset about that, and you should be upset the user that replied to you actually knows better about this issue and mislead you anyways. I hope you review my original post about this issue as comments have been closed, showing T-mobile doesn't want anyone discussing this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Kalemdar, I hate to hear that you are not finding the information you are looking for regarding the update. In the thread that BugPlusWont mentions, one of our Community Managers shares some great information about software updates and our website content lifecycle. I hope that helps answer your question about why you can’t find information. 

T-Mobile retroactively removes status updates related to software updates | T-Mobile Community

For the update, I am waiting for a response from our teams on whether or not the Android 12 update will be released for the Mclaren and when. Last we heard, it was in development, and I will post more details as soon as I get them. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Kalemdar, I hate to hear that you are not finding the information you are looking for regarding the update. In the thread that BugPlusWont mentions, one of our Community Managers shares some great information about software updates and our website content lifecycle. I hope that helps answer your question about why you can’t find information. 

T-Mobile retroactively removes status updates related to software updates | T-Mobile Community

For the update, I am waiting for a response from our teams on whether or not the Android 12 update will be released for the Mclaren and when. Last we heard, it was in development, and I will post more details as soon as I get them. :) 

Hey all. I got confirmation that the Android 12 update is expected to release December 2022 for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Mclaren.