Solved

OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren - 5G Issue - Repeatable Problem/Known Issues u

• 14 December 2019
  • 60 replies

Just a heads up for those looking at the newest 5G Phone. I know early adopters have growing pains. But also, this type of problem is kind of pathetic. drops

ISSUE: 

- 5G non-functional out-of-box - No Data, only calls/texts
- Phone drops 5G Signal Symbol in Notification Bar
- Resetting Connections (Cellular, Bluetooth, WiFi) fixes issue (?)
- Resetting connections simply changes Cellular Bands to LTE and below (3G, 2G) - not 5G
- Once you select 5G from the Menu, the Data drops
- Changing Cellular back to LTE and lower, restarting the phone brings Data back

Repeatable and verified known issue. Ticket in with Support.

Notes: Data works on WiFi even if 5G is enabled/selected. Still have problems with Text Messages not sending even on WiFi.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 26 December 2019, 18:02

View original

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hmmm.  I don't have the device to try, but I do have 2 OnePlus 7 Pro's.  There is an unbrick guide on XDA for the 5G McLaren so there has to be a full image of the firmware.  As long as there is a full image of the firmware, the device can be restored to out of the box working condition. 

There isn't a complete image yet.  You can unbrick but you lose the ability to get OTA updates from then on.

I'm an Uber/lyft driver and the latest update did fix the gps issue. However, now I'm experiencing poor connection issues. Connection goes in and out (at least on the lyft app -- it says 'poor connection') so I had to revert back to disabling 5G just to have a stable connection.

T-mobile/ONEPLUS -- get ur sh!t together

I got the update, it didn't fix my GPS.  This is relatively a big problem considering I do Lyft on the side. . .
I have a 5G Note+

After going back and forth with T-Mobile a few times they agreed to send me a replacement phone. They assured me during the 14 day window I had to return the phone that the upcoming update would fix all these problems and they most definitely did not. They finally agreed to send me a "new" phone although I suspect that its refurbished. They said it wasn't but the phone arrived in T-Mobile's packaging and not OnePlus's. I know manufacturers make the same product and package them differently due to different uses and the phone didn't have any scratches but I just have no trust in T-Mobile. On top of the "warranty" claim I had to make within 1 month of owning the phone, i had to pay them $50 to make the claim. This is beyond absurd.

I'm not trying to transfer everything over with OnePlus switch and google back-up but this phone can't even complete that properly. It took 1.5 hours to "move" all of my messages (67,000) over to the new phone last night but they only dated back to the beginning of 2020. I'm trying to do it again right now but i don't have much faith in it. None of the settings moved over but the home screen did. I have to log back into all of my accounts and spend another half day to do all of this without any assurance that the new phone is going to work.

Does anyone have a full proof way to move everything over. It's the same exact phone and I'd like to move setings, accounts and everything over.

Any help is very appreciated.

I also had this issue. I activated the sim that came with the phone, and the mobile data icon kept going on and off, over and over again. I master reset my phone, and it worked. Today, my sim went out completely. I reset my phone again, nothing. Then did it a second time, and it worked. I activated a new sim card, and it's happening again. Is this a known issue?

I tried restarting my phonw to SAFE MODE . Use it for a little bit . Than switch back to regular mode and my 5G came to life again bit god knows how much that will last

Hey Chris 

I guess you guys never did get around to fixing the issues with phones you sell. 

My Oneplus 7p mclaren is always having issues connecting when I leave the house WiFi.

It's very slow to connect to the 5G or any G. Then always trying to connect to any WiFi it just blocks up in failure then I get an "emergency calls only" msg on the screen. 

I would bet these types of issues don't happen with Apple or Samsung. If you don't want write updates for the phones you sell.  For customers of yours tgat are using on your network and paying monthly bills to you. Then stop selling Oneplus. It's a great phone but this crap is so frustrating.  

And don't get me started with the often crashes. More incompatibility Issues? 

Oneplus just isn't a priority of TMobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey Chris 

I guess you guys never did get around to fixing the issues with phones you sell. 

My Oneplus 7p mclaren is always having issues connecting when I leave the house WiFi.

It's very slow to connect to the 5G or any G. Then always trying to connect to any WiFi it just blocks up in failure then I get an "emergency calls only" msg on the screen. 

I would bet these types of issues don't happen with Apple or Samsung. If you don't want write updates for the phones you sell.  For customers of yours tgat are using on your network and paying monthly bills to you. Then stop selling Oneplus. It's a great phone but this crap is so frustrating.  

And don't get me started with the often crashes. More incompatibility Issues? 

Oneplus just isn't a priority of TMobile

oh they do from time to time..however Apple and Samsung get on trying to figure out the issue and kicking out a fix for it a bit quicker than OP does it would seem

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Anyone get the Android 12 Update yet?