Just a heads up for those looking at the newest 5G Phone. I know early adopters have growing pains. But also, this type of problem is kind of pathetic. drops
Location: Las Vegas, NV and surrounding area
- 5G non-functional out-of-box - No Data, only calls/texts
- Phone drops 5G Signal Symbol in Notification Bar
- Resetting Connections (Cellular, Bluetooth, WiFi) fixes issue (?)
- Resetting connections simply changes Cellular Bands to LTE and below (3G, 2G) - not 5G
- Once you select 5G from the Menu, the Data drops
- Changing Cellular back to LTE and lower, restarting the phone brings Data back
Repeatable and verified known issue. Ticket in with Support.
Notes: Data works on WiFi even if 5G is enabled/selected. Still have problems with Text Messages not sending even on WiFi.
Best answer by tmo_chrisView original