OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren Andoid 11 uodate sim oroblems

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sinc the update yesterday I've had times where the phone doesn't read sim card or connect to Wifi. It's frustrating because I never had a problem with the phone until the update. It's only been a day and Ive had this problem 2 times where I have a useless phone for over an hour. Had to reboot many times to get it going again. Please TMobile and OnePlus fix this! Am I the only one having this problem?

14 replies

Do you have the original SIM that came with the phone? If so, there is an updated SIM that I moved to after the Sprint merger took place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Just about all updates to Android 11 for any device by any OEM have had some major issues.  Have you tried removing the SIM, cleaning it with a little Isopropyl, and then putting it back in?  Sometimes the contacts start to get a little tarnished over time.  There is an MSM Tool from OnePlus that can restore the devices firmware to an earlier build, if no troubleshooting solves the issue.  If you can get the WiFi working, perhaps check for another update to see if there is an update to fix the issues you are having.  Otherwise, using the MSM Toon will return your device to an earlier firmware while completely wiping the device.

I just updated mines this morning and having the same issue it wont read my SIM or connect to WIFI heck I even tried to manual enter my Wifi Address to find out it wont let you….Not sure if this is a TMobile update issue or Oneplus but I didnt spend money on a phone just so the manufacturer/service provider can brick it!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just about all updates to Android 11 for any device by any OEM have had some major issues.  Have you tried removing the SIM, cleaning it with a little Isopropyl, and then putting it back in?  Sometimes the contacts start to get a little tarnished over time.  There is an MSM Tool from OnePlus that can restore the devices firmware to an earlier build, if no troubleshooting solves the issue.  If you can get the WiFi working, perhaps check for another update to see if there is an update to fix the issues you are having.  Otherwise, using the MSM Toon will return your device to an earlier firmware while completely wiping the device.

Hi, is this tool in the Play Store? I'm still having this issue on and off since the update. I've cleaned the sim card, what's strange is that the wifi gets affected also and it can't be turned on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, is this tool in the Play Store? I'm still having this issue on and off since the update. I've cleaned the sim card, what's strange is that the wifi gets affected also and it can't be turned on.

if im thinking correctly it would be on the One Plus site itself. syaoran can walk you through it a bit on where to locate it and the pros/cons of doing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No.  You can download it directly fron the OnePlus support site, OnePlus Official forum, and XDA-Developers forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are there any worries about loosing anything when it wipes the device going back to the previous firmware?

never rolled an update back so this is a new pasture for me knowledge wise lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The MSM Tool completely wipes the device! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so all personal stuff (texts, pics etc) is gone for good or it’ll bring that back?

I’m having the same problem… but mine just wont come connect (wifi or recognize the sim) at all. It happened i restarted the phone today, been on Android 11 for a couple of days now. Back-up my data to pc. Erase the phone to factory setting… still getting nothing! What can i do!?$

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m having the same problem… but mine just wont come connect (wifi or recognize the sim) at all. It happened i restarted the phone today, been on Android 11 for a couple of days now. Back-up my data to pc. Erase the phone to factory setting… still getting nothing! What can i do!?$

Send it out for warranty service, if it is still within the warranty period. You can contact OnePlus Support or use the insurance option, if that is something you pay for. 

Badge

Yes, I have the same problem. SIM is not recognized one or two times per day. This only happens with Android 11 update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Anyone still struggling with this. I had no wifi calling, T-Mobile data just wasn't working and other connectivity issues. The last October 2022 security patch screwed with the SIM and phone functionality. Chances are this might be the same issue again. Go to T-Mobile and get a new SIM stat. Don't let them say it's cause your phone's not updated cause it's not your phone it's that update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried factory resetting your device?  If there was an issue with WiFi Calling working on the 7T Pro McClaren Edition devices as well as connectivity issues.  There would be a lot of posts about it in various communities and I would have had friends with those devices asking for help to get that issue fixed.  Also, security updates don't actually touch or impact the modem firmware or radio interface layer at all.