Question

OnePlus 9 Pro 5G Android 13

• 26 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

So, I take it android 13 won't be coming to the OnePlus 9 Pro? I keep going back to check the update status and it says in development. It's been in development for awhile now. From my understanding the 9 Pro update was already pushed out to all models. EU, India, and NA. What's the hold up? Anyone know?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It will be.  There is just no ETA currently.  The T-Mobile version is always the last OnePlus device to get the updates.  Be patient!  Your device will notify you when the update is available.  

Badge

It will be.  There is just no ETA currently.  The T-Mobile version is always the last OnePlus device to get the updates.  Be patient!  Your device will notify you when the update is available.  

I am new to T-Mobile coming from Sprint so I wasn't sure. Usually sprint got updates rapidly. Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am new to T-Mobile coming from Sprint so I wasn't sure. Usually sprint got updates rapidly. Thanks for the reply! 🙂

as weird as it is to say out loud Sprint didnt usually add nearly as much bloat onto their devices as the other carriers do..one of the reasons they got their updates sooner usually..less chances to run into issues.

Userlevel 1

I made the GRAVE mistake of buying a OnePlus 9 Pro phone via TMobile! I realized the mistake when the Android 12 Update rolled out and I installed it. It absolutely BRICKED my phone (more or less).  I couldn't even make or receive phone calls and ended up having to go to the T-Mobile Store to find a fix. The only "fix" that TMobile could or would offer was a warranty replacement phone.  I told the representative that it was a "Software issue" NOT A hardware issue.  I ended up accepting the warranty replacement phone and haven't updated it since. I'm on the Android 11 version and am very disappointed in this phone!  I've waited over a year now to be able to update my phone!  Why does it take TMobile so so so much longer to update the OnePlus than any other phone?   

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I made the GRAVE mistake of buying a OnePlus 9 Pro phone via TMobile! I realized the mistake when the Android 12 Update rolled out and I installed it. It absolutely BRICKED my phone (more or less).  I couldn't even make or receive phone calls and ended up having to go to the T-Mobile Store to find a fix. The only "fix" that TMobile could or would offer was a warranty replacement phone.  I told the representative that it was a "Software issue" NOT A hardware issue.  I ended up accepting the warranty replacement phone and haven't updated it since. I'm on the Android 11 version and am very disappointed in this phone!  I've waited over a year now to be able to update my phone!  Why does it take TMobile so so so much longer to update the OnePlus than any other phone?   

if you dont visit the OP forums here is the link taking you right into the OP9 forums..the main one posting about the updates is on the software team.. pay attention to the dates he posts and about which updates..

https://community.oneplus.com/circle/1034189004494602243

the above will have the US variants of updates posted along with other countries..

the below are other posters from the US talking about the US variants..but no update info..

https://community.oneplus.com/circle/222

On that forum it’s like the LE2127 barely exists.

* dripping with condescension * 
“Oh… you have that other OP9Pro.  You’ll have to talk to your carrier.”

It dropped

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/new-a13-update-for-t-mobile-op9pro.4583965/

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

On that forum it’s like the LE2127 barely exists.

* dripping with condescension * 
“Oh… you have that other OP9Pro.  You’ll have to talk to your carrier.”

sorry. 3 months old but i couldnt remember if i posted the OP forums period or the American variants forum.

which not a HUGE difference seeing as how those same updates get pushed out to the other countries prior to us..so any issues spotted over there would be an issue once they got to the U.S variants anyways..or at least the bigger issues.