Solved

Other party cannot always hear me

I joined T mobile to days back. I had about 5 calls including calls with T mobile customer service, every call I have been in had issue with the other person could not hear me part of the call. All calls were made from my home. I have Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra. I have 14 days to decide and I am at the verge of deciding to leave T mobile. Anyone can give me a reason not to leave Tmobile?

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 1 June 2020, 20:33

View original

24 replies

I have an s21 and I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone fixed this issue? And how?  Please help! 

This has happened to both myself and my wife (S. King County WA, iPhone XI and XII).

It’s becoming VERY hard to field calls. And we’re supposedly in a strong signal zone.

My husband and I are having this same problem. Both using Samsung S21. Whether we are home (wifi calling) or away (TMO network). Inconsistent timing/ location, but consistently bad. This morning we had to reconnect our call to each other 8 times in 13 minutes. It makes using voice unreliable which is unacceptable. I'm posting here hoping to read solutions. 

I also have a Galaxy S21. This issue started a couple of months ago and I thought it was just my wifi connection, but it happens on 4G, 5G, Wifi, you name it. I think it must be some kind of issue between Samsung devices and the TMobile network, because if I call the same person I’m having trouble speaking with via an app (like Facebook Messenger) the call goes through just fine and they can hear me just fine. So it’s definitely related to the TMobile service. I also got a new SIM card a few months ago to help me connect to a nearby tower. I didn’t have these issues BEFORE that SIM card upgrade. Before, I had just plain old signal issues...this is specifically JUST the microphone audio my TMobile network calls are sending. My signal is great beside that...it’s like the microphone just turns off.

Has this been answered I have the same issue. It’s just my line. I have 3 total the other ones work fine. I’m on the verge of switching carriers

I definitely understand wanting to get this working, there's no reason to stay if you can't make any calls. Did you check out our Audio on calls troubleshooting | T-Mobile Support​? If it's still not working, you'll probably want to contact us over Facebook or Twitter, to make sure our Experts can fix any account issues and escalate a ticket if necessary.

This didn't solve the problem, although the problem is listed as solved.  The problem isn't that you can't hear because of volume.  The problem is that the caller here's you one moment, then you may break up, then they can't hear you at all; the call switches between these 3 intermittently. It doesn't matter if you're using the handset or the speakerphone.

I have been experiencing the same issue. Caller cannot hear me off and on throughout the call. I used earbuds, speaker on and without and the same issue.  This started happening beginning of this year and I am using an S10+. I did not have any issues prior.  I am at a loss and basically can only text people without getting frustrated when attempting to talk to them. Sad.

Count me in this club.  Galaxy s21 ultra in perfect condition.  Just started out of the blue. Maddening. Tech support has been useless. 

I'm curous to know geographically where we all are. I saw one person post King Country, WA. That's where I am too. Maybe it's a regional issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I definitely understand wanting to get this working, there's no reason to stay if you can't make any calls. Did you check out our Audio on calls troubleshooting | T-Mobile Support​? If it's still not working, you'll probably want to contact us over Facebook or Twitter, to make sure our Experts can fix any account issues and escalate a ticket if necessary.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

We're you able to try any of the troubleshooting steps or reach out to our Experts? Let us know!

I switched from ATT to Tmobile few weeks ago and having this exact issue where people cannot hear me frequently when i am on a call with them. I do a lot of conference call from my car when i am driving to and from work.  I never had this issue with ATT using the same iPhone 14. I may have to switch back if this issue continues as it is super frustrating and completely unacceptable. Please let me know if there is a solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is this happening while you are out and about or while at home/work and connected to wifi/wifi calling? and have you tested this with wifi/wifi calling turned off and or turned on?

It happens regardless of where we are and regardless of whether we are on wifi calling or not and whether we are using the handset or the speaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and did this start for each of you after an update to the devices or just out of the blue?

and do you know of anyone else with TMO that does NOT have a Samsung device? and if so are they seeing the same thing or no?

It started out of the blue. I got an update 2 days later and my husband got an update 5 days later. No I don't know anyone else in the US who has tmo without this phone.

I'm having the same issue with my samsung 20 as well. It only started recently. When I first got the phone it wasn't an issue. I wonder if it's a problem related to the phone or the service. I'd have to guess the phone bc my old samsung 10 did not have this issue and my husband's samsung which is even older that he is using doesn't have the issue either. 

My wife and I are having the exact same problem with our Galaxy S21 phones. T-Mobile replaced our phones and sim card and we're still having the issue.  THIS NEEDS FIXED!

I have the Smsung & an LG and they are both doing it. It doesn't happen if you use Messengers Phone app or WhatsApp. It is DEF Related to T Mobile. It also happens to my uncle who had the problem and thought he upgraded to an IPhone and still has the same problem, half way through a phone call it goes quiet, you can’t hear the other person but they can hear you just fine. You have to hang up and call again. Its really annoying, Especially when you call a Dr Office to make an appointment 3-4-5 times to make the appointment because the phone call fails one way! T Mobile, time to fix this was Yesterday!!! or myself & 3 phones are leaving. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is this while connected to wifi/wifi calling or while out and about on mobile?

My husband has an s10 and I have s21 both of us are having the same issues.  We are about ready to find a new carrier.  We have worked with support 3 times and it still continues.

We live in Carson Washington in Skamania County.

Badge

Yep now this is happening everything is happening bad after updating the phone text messages to email are blank emails now people can't hear me on the phone and the one part I can't do business this way T-Mobile I'm about to give you up and go back to Verizon

My husband and I got our Samsung S20 Ultras in August. Three days ago he started experiencing this problem and I started experiencing it yesterday. Has anyone found a solution?