Question

Phone screen

• 4 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Does anyone ever answer these questions?

I just upgraded to the T-Mobile Revvl V+ 5G. The Google map on the screen turns black when I look at the screen (phone in vertical position) with polarized, clip-on sunglasses. Is T-Mobile doing anything about this situation?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Google maps is fully updated? and same issue if you drop it into the horizontal position?

and is that the only app with this issue or no?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I just upgraded to the T-Mobile Revvl V+ 5G. The Google map on the screen turns black when I look at the screen (phone in vertical position) with polarized, clip-on sunglasses. Is T-Mobile doing anything about this situation?

Does the Google Map show up without sunglasses?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

forgot to add that to my original questions. not a whole lot that can be done at a carrier level if the cause are the glasses...wonder if it has a screen protector on it.

Badge

fireguy_6364,

I am hoping the phone has some sort of filter in it that can be activated and correct the problem. The phone doesn't look like it has a screen protector on it. I didn't place one.

tomwill,

It's the same problem with all of the screens. Out of desperation I even tried dark mode, which made no sense. I only need to study the screen when I'm using gps, which is often.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

problem goes away if you remove your glasses though or stays? im almost positive there is a color blind setting along with a few more within the screen settings..might mess with those to see if things improve or not.

Badge

fireguy_6364, all screens are perfectly normal. It is only when I use my polarized clip-on sunglasses that the screen is black. When I put the screen brightness to maximum, the screen is very dim and what's on the screen is blurred and unreadable - when I use my polarized clip-ons. There is something about the screen on this phone that doesn't exist on any other phone screen I've owned. I even bought clip-ons with a different tint and the same problem exists. Polarization and this screen don't get along. The user manual says this problem exists when the screen is in the horizontal position and advises having the phone in the vertical position. I always have my phone in the vertical position when using maps.

Badge

P.S. I've explored everything having to do with the display. I haven't finished reading the user manual. Maybe I'll find a hidden pearl. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

yeah hopefully.. out of curiosity...does the manual mention what type of screen they are using?

Badge

fireguy63-64, I don’t know. Here is the quote about polarization, on page 8 in the user manual:

“Note: Using your device in landscape mode while wearing polarized sunglasses may cut light from the screen. Take your polarized sunglasses off or use your device in portrait orientation to continue use.”

Last night I decided to do something illogical. I turned my phone, with Google Maps on the screen, to the horizontal position. I put on my polarized clip-ons and looked at the screen. SURPRISE! The screen was visible and the map was white and clearly readable. All of that cortisol I built up in my body over the days... and all I had to Do was The Opposite of what the user manual advises. I wonder how many other contradictions I will find as I read through the manual. :) I may have written earlier that I had tried the horizontal orientation but, apparently, I had not.