Solved

Phone still says Verizon

• 14 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge

I made the switch,  YAY. I only have one issue. My S21 Ultra is still booting with the Verizon logo and I get an error saying sim card is not Verizon wireless. The phone is definitely unlocked.  Some suggested it may be the APN settings but I tried that and it didn't work. Help! 

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 15 November 2021, 14:50

View original

12 replies

Badge

mine is the same

Badge

The closest store is about an hour away.  I'm sure to go on Wednesday.  I'll keep you updated if we dont get an answer before then. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried checking Samsung’s Bixby program to see if you can change it from there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried factory resetting the device with your T-Mobile SIM in it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve read that Verizon phones have that branding and SIM nastygram built in. It does no harm. It’s just Verizon’s way of saying “Good bye”

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You won't be able to get rid of the Verizon splash screen without flashing the device. Changing the APN should resolve the other issue. 

I wouldn’t mind the splash screen, but the voicemail app is also tied to Verizon and will not work with T-Mobile. 

Well, the VZW splash screen removal requires root of phone and installing a no carrier version of OS… not an easy task for most people so don’t advise you try as if you screw up you like might fry your phone.  

You will also notice you get a message that you have an invalid SIM installed. I tried turning phone off, removing SIM card, turning phone on, going to apps and opening SIMTools and clearing Cache (didn’t work), clearing Data (didn’t work). Yes I did the clears, turned off phone reinserted T-Mobile SIM and restarted. So YouTube trick is useless. Not sure what else to do to clear out VZW propaganda.

Also, I have been unable to uninstall some VZW apps, but I have been able to hide them. VZW wants to make sure you don’t forget them! My 5G coverage is much better with T-Mobile and the customer service and tech support much better too and they call you back even on a dropped call to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Well, the VZW splash screen removal requires root of phone and installing a no carrier version of OS… not an easy task for most people so don’t advise you try as if you screw up you like might fry your phone.  

You will also notice you get a message that you have an invalid SIM installed. I tried turning phone off, removing SIM card, turning phone on, going to apps and opening SIMTools and clearing Cache (didn’t work), clearing Data (didn’t work). Yes I did the clears, turned off phone reinserted T-Mobile SIM and restarted. So YouTube trick is useless. Not sure what else to do to clear out VZW propaganda.

Also, I have been unable to uninstall some VZW apps, but I have been able to hide them. VZW wants to make sure you don’t forget them! My 5G coverage is much better with T-Mobile and the customer service and tech support much better too and they call you back even on a dropped call to them.

It's a Samsung.  No root or unlocked bootloader is required to convert it.  It can easily be flashed to the U1 firmware without root and then from that point  flashed to the T-Mobile fireware  if desired.  For instructions, stock images, Odin, and drivers.  Visit the XDA S21 forum.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Badge

Everything on my phone says T-Moble, but that splash screen and about it not being a Verizon sim card. My phone is a Moto G Stylus and I’m not sure how to go about getting rid of those 2 things that just annoy me. Any ideas for a Motorola phone fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The, Not A Verizon SIM, is nagware!  That is common in devices sold by Verizon or where the Verizon SIM was the first SIM put in the device.  It's Verizon's way of reminding you that you left them.