Question

Pixel 6 December update

• 16 December 2021
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anyone know when T-Mobile is going to release the December 13th major Pixel 6 update? It seems as if no one at T-mobile knows about this update. Verizon has already released it, but the none customer service dept of T-Mobile hasn’t. 

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Google releases the updates whether if the phone was purchased through Google or Tmobile on a staggered basis.

Verizon is in partnership with Google which is why their phones probably received it first.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Google releases the updates whether if the phone was purchased through Google or Tmobile on a staggered basis.

Verizon is in partnership with Google which is why their phones probably received it first.

I understand what you are saying, but before I bought two Pixel 6 phones from T-mobile my wife bought a Pixel 3A when T-mobile was selling them. She received  every month the security update and Android 12 when it was released. That was the reason I bought two Pixel 6’s. There are major issues with the Pixel 6 which this update is to fix. I’ve been with Tmobile 15 years and they are very slow to release updates. 

I understand what you are saying, but before I bought two Pixel 6 phones from T-mobile my wife bought a Pixel 3A when T-mobile was selling them. She received  every month the security update and Android 12 when it was released. That was the reason I bought two Pixel 6’s. There are major issues with the Pixel 6 which this update is to fix. I’ve been with Tmobile 15 years and they are very slow to release updates. 

Honestly it's not T-Mobile it's Google they rolling the update really slow.  They even release it week later from other pixel phones.i couldn't wait so I sideload it 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I know all of Google's phones were updated except the Pixel 6 and pro. I'm not tech savvy to even try to side load it. How is the new update? I'm certainly having issues and the only fix for me is to restart the phone a dozen times a day. I really need a working phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried enrolling in the Pixel developer's program? You just need an eligible phone which you do and you don't need to be tech savvy. Google is rolling out Pixel 12L and you get the updates faster.

Userlevel 2
Badge

How would I enroll in the program? I'm interested.

Have you tried enrolling in the Pixel developer's program? You just need an eligible phone which you do and you don't need to be tech savvy. Google is rolling out Pixel 12L and you get the updates faster.

Android 12L it's not available for pixel 6 

I know all of Google's phones were updated except the Pixel 6 and pro. I'm not tech savvy to even try to side load it. How is the new update? I'm certainly having issues and the only fix for me is to restart the phone a dozen times a day. I really need a working phone. 

Its good but not great and sideload it's not the hard 

Here is a video all software comes from Google ...think Google it's taking there time to release because a lot ppl finding bugs specially on uk n Canada networks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I can't believe the newest flagship Pixel isn't included.

No yet at least Google it's really trying to iron all them bugs ..it's been hard since this a brand new chipset it's taking time to tweak it to work perfect 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is a video all software comes from Google ...think Google it's taking there time to release because a lot ppl finding bugs specially on uk n Canada networks 

I've read about many network connection issues with the new update. Maybe it's best being delayed as it seems Google is still having problems. 

I've read about many network connection issues with the new update. Maybe it's best being delayed as it seems Google is still having problems. 

Not in the us most problems are canada and Europe

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This isn't T-Mobile's fault. Google says that we should just wait and that they are sending the update out in batches. Why can't they send the update out to everyone like Apple? I guess that they don't care if their Pixel 6 series users get frustrated. Seriously this is a Google issue

What's really sad is customer service with TMobile has no clue. They should know. What's tech help if you can't get tech answers. Transparency please TMobile. It's not affecting the US let us update 

This isn't T-Mobile's fault. Google says that we should just wait and that they are sending the update out in batches. Why can't they send the update out to everyone like Apple? I guess that they don't care if their Pixel 6 series users get frustrated. Seriously this is a Google issue

For them not to have answers means they aren't working on getting answers.

Not in the us most problems are canada and Europe

I wouldn't side load. You could brick your phone

Im shocked too

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You can brick your phone. I would not try to sideload either. Anyway this is getting old. T-Mobile should be trying to find out from Google! I have been with T-Mobile for a long time and unless you actually talk to someone in Tech Support (which is like pulling teeth), most T-Mobile employees don't know and could care less if you get an update.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

They haven't updated the Pixel Repair Tool for the Pixel 6 series either. With that you hook your phone up, tell them the carrier, Google tells you if you have an update or not. Then if it does, you click yes you want to install and reboot...but not for us

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can brick your phone. I would not try to sideload either. Anyway this is getting old. T-Mobile should be trying to find out from Google! I have been with T-Mobile for a long time and unless you actually talk to someone in Tech Support (which is like pulling teeth), most T-Mobile employees don't know and could care less if you get an update.

im sure they are..however TMO doesnt need to be transparent with internal info on when something is going to happen or why it isnt yet..they start popping out dates that end up being passed up due to other issues being found then everyone screams about them being liars..if its being worked on and about to kick out you’ll see it listed on their updates pages..

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It doesn't matter, we didn't get the scheduled December update and it looks like we aren't going to get the January update, T-Mobile doesn't care enough about their customers to find out why. 

It doesn't matter, we didn't get the scheduled December update and it looks like we aren't going to get the January update, T-Mobile doesn't care enough about their customers to find out why. 

Flagship phones, especially new releases used to get the new updates fast. I used to like that until I got my S20U. T-Mobile pushed an update that essentially made my phone(and most other TMO S20U owners) useless for over 2 months at launch. The update broke the network connection where it would drop every few minutes and many missed calls/texts, even on Wi-Fi.

With this update, people have been reporting worse signal and overall performance which I would highly assume the reasoning for the delay as even google has been quiet on this update after pushing it out passed the initial deployment date.

If you are that much in rush to get the latest update, sideload it(with risks). For me, after having my S20U for 2 years and switching to the P6P, I’d rather them make sure the update is ready for deployment rather than rush it out. For those reaching out to CS, you have better luck finding a more accurate deployment date by searching on your own. They used to keep this page up to date a lot, but not anymore sadly https://www.t-mobile.com/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This isn't about the update itself and sideloading is not an option. The point is that Google themselves are not keeping their promises, also I know T-Mobile doesn't care, they just want to sell phones.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Oh great ! Another data breach, no December OTA software update...smh