Question

popup problem

• 23 August 2021
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Every half hour I get a popup message.  It says “T-Mobile keeps stopping”  and below that it has “App info”  and “Close app” first one takes me to the app page where I can do a “force stop”  (yes I tried that and it doesn’t stop the popup)  second option just closes the popup.  Then it comes back a few minutes later.  This is driving me nuts.

Things I’ve tried: restarted phone, deleted and reinstalled the app

I have a OnePlus Nord N200 5G

android version 11

Model DE2118

4GB RAM, 64GB ROM

used 64 GB storage and have 37.24GB left

Anyone know whats going on?

Just noticed I’ve used 64GB in storage and I have 64 GB of ROM, could this be it even though I have 37GB left in storage?  Not tech savvy, which I’m sure is obvious!

32 replies

I have the same problem.  It just started abt 1 x week ago. My phone just took an update, but it is still doing it… hoped it would have solved the problem… :-(

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue.  Started about the same time as others report.  I uninstalled & reinstalled app numerous times.  I finally just uninstalled the app & did not reinstall it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I spoke to customer service and they are working on it.  A lot of people are having the same problem.

Userlevel 2

Having the same issue with T-Mobile Diagnostics.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Add me to the list.  Using an LG V60 and gone through a couple of chat sessions to try to clear up the issue.  They want me to try a hard reset next but even with LG Backup or Google backup some apps (like bank app have to be set up again)  don’t reset.  Has anyone had luck doing hard reset to clear the issue?  Looks like all these responses started in the last couple of days like mine.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve been seeing these for a couple of weeks now,  I’d rather not do a hard reset if I don’t have to.  Especially if I don’t know if that will stop the pop ups.  If they don’t fix it soon I’ll be bugging customer service again.  I tagged CS on my post but they haven’t chimed in.  Not sure if they haven’t seen it or don’t have an answer. Ugh

Userlevel 2
Badge

I got a follow up call and noted the twenty some odd post here and another thread about the problem.  They're waiting for me to do a hard reset.  I'm gonna try it this evening and see how it goes.  In the meantime they assure they're working on it…

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thats a little different than mine, mine just says “T-Mobile keeps stopping”  I look forward to hearing if your reset works.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Restore still in progress.  After it completes I'll post if the pop ups stop after it's complete.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Don't do hard reset now.  Hard reset didn't clear.  On-line with CS.  Will update later

Userlevel 2
Badge

Finished with CS, there was one popup after the hard reset.  I would hold off on doing that unless/until T-Mobile says that IS the fix to this problem.  They said they're still working on the issue.  I'll follow up later on and see how this goes.  Hope this helps.

Badge

I’m late to the party and posted this in another thread, no luck so far, so I’ll wait to see what happens here.  I have Samsung Galaxy S8, still working fine except now for about a month or more I keep getting a “T-Mobile keeps stopping,” screen that pops up randomly.  Not sure what that is?  But it’s really annoying.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok late follow up on the issue(s).  Appears there are two separate apps with issues; T-Mobile & T-Mobile Diagnostics.  The latter kept crashing on my phone that lead to a hard reset that didn't work with the phone being exchanged under warranty.  Upon getting the new replacement the T-Mobile app (where this community is launched from) kept crashing making 8t difficult to communicate with TM.  At least for now the pop up notifications from the Diagnostics app have stopped.  

Bottom line:. Is the issue fixed?  Are y'all still having problems?  I'm hoping the replacement phone won't have the same problems.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

No, it hasn’t stopped.  I’m still getting “T-Mobile keeps stopping”  however it seems its not happening as often.

Let us know if you see it on the new phone.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Check the Google Play Store for an update to the T-Mobile app. That should resolve the issue, but I'd clear the app cache and data as well, just to make sure.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Ghostlee13.  I have been in touch with CS again this morning and was told they are still working on the problem.  I do have the update and as of yesterday I was still getting the popup.  I will wait, they will fix it eventually. :grin:

Badge

@ghostleee

Thanks, but latest update already done, cleared both app cache, and data, numerous times, pop-up still occurs.

Userlevel 2
Badge

UPDATE:. The brand new warranty replacement has began doing the same thing with the T-Mobile & T-Mobile Diagnostics app.  Those plus a few others that "keep stopping". Tried online to get assistance only to get this.  I guess the issue an ongoing problem.  Anyone else still having this problem?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes I’m still getting it.  Haven’t seen the feedback option. That’s new.  

CS also gave me a discount.  Hope they get it fixed soon.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'll have to wait for a response.  Looks like they're dealing with a lot issues:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yeah, the one about them being hacked takes priority i’m sure.  The popup doesn’t seem to be happening as often, that’s a good sign. :grin:

T-mobile app keeps stopping, so irritating. Why can’t they fix this???

Userlevel 2
Badge

So glad the problem was solved.  If you are still getting the pop-up contact T-Mobile.  My pop-ups have stopped.

So glad the problem was solved.  If you are still getting the pop-up contact T-Mobile.  My pop-ups have stopped.

How did you get the issue solved?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I didn’t do anything, they just stopped.  If you still have the problem let T-Mobile know.