Question

Power Cord for Galaxy S22

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, I just got a new Galaxy S22 phone and discovered none of my Android power cords from an older Galaxy phone will fit the new phone. This seems odd to me. Is it a marketing thing? A revenue thing? Why would Samsung change to size of the power inlet on the phone?

To make matters worse, the cord that came with the new phone is useless by itself. There was no block needed to charge the phone in an electrical outlet. There was no USB side on the cable to plug in. There was literally no way to charge the phone with the equipment that came with it. You are required to go out and purchase more cords if you ever want to charge this phone. How can Samsung get away with this?

It’s like buying a toaster without a way to plug it in. Useless! Frustrating! And it pisses me off. Samsung should be held accountable.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’ve read a lot of the newer phones aren’t coming with a chargers , what was your older Samsung?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

depending on how old your previous phone was they changed up the charging end to USB-C connections..more universal and heavier duty compared to the previous set ups.

my recommendation would be to hit up Amazon and snag up a random sized pack of them. the one i ended up getting had a 1-1 1/2’, 2-3’ and i cant remember if it came with one or two 6’...the 6’+ is really what most people need..no more sideways leaning when its charging so you dont pull it tight and mess anything up lol. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I won't buy any device that doesn't come with an included power adapter.  USB-C to USB-C is pretty common though.  If any of your older Samsung devices were made in the last decade.  They should have a USB-C to USB-A cord and a power adapter to plug that into.