Question

Razr 5G Unlock

• 12 October 2021
  • 21 replies

Badge

Cannot unlock my Razr 5G 2020. Tech support has tried several times. Phone is fully eligible to be unlocked, yet never works. Anyone had any success unlocking these new razr flip phones? 

21 replies

BTW, I have been on the phone with Tmobile experts and tech support for several days now. The have no idea how to fix the problem so far.  They even setup a call for me to speak to Motorola Razr team but the agent can;’t not help me “ per Motorola policy”

Badge

**UPDATE 12-22-2021**

After several more hours with T-Force they threw in the towel and decided to replace my RAZR 5G under warranty. Long story short it appears that the Unlock App is not compatible (or has issues) with Android 11. 

So a replacement device from T-Mobile takes about 2 weeks to arrive and they send it to a T-Mobile store close by to do the exchange. They charge $20 for the "service" but after complaining they issued a $20 credit to your account to offset the charge you will pay in the store.  Frustrated by this whole ordeal I searched online for a remote unlocking service that could solve my problem now.  I found one that does remote unlocking via USB for $40 and after about 15min online voila!@! it's UNLOCKED!!!

unlock boot  saved the day!

Thanks for the input. Tmobile sim card is in the device, but still nothing not work. Phone is still locked

Yes, sim is active. I paid off the phone last week for the purpose of unlocking the device. Tmobile tech support stated it is unlocked on their side and I need to unlock the device locally.  But unlock feature is not available on my phone setting..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, sim is active. I paid off the phone last week for the purpose of unlocking the device. Tmobile tech support stated it is unlocked on their side and I need to unlock the device locally.  But unlock feature is not available on my phone setting..

Are you running the stock T-Mobile firmware? The stores here haven't had them but the local BestBuy does.  Devices bought from third party retailers are much more complicated to SIM unlock because the IMEI of the device usually isn't in T-Mobile's system and has to be added manually   

I brought the Razr directly from TMobile

**UPDATE 12-22-2021**

After several more hours with T-Force they threw in the towel and decided to replace my RAZR 5G under warranty. Long story short it appears that the Unlock App is not compatible (or has issues) with Android 11. 

So a replacement device from T-Mobile takes about 2 weeks to arrive and they send it to a T-Mobile store close by to do the exchange. They charge $20 for the "service" but after complaining they issued a $20 credit to your account to offset the charge you will pay in the store.  Frustrated by this whole ordeal I searched online for a remote unlocking service that could solve my problem now.  I found one that does remote unlocking via USB for $40 and after about 15min online voila!@! it's UNLOCKED!!!

unlock boot  saved the day!

Can you provide the link to for this remote unlocking bot. Cos I just went through the same ordeal

I have a OnePlus 8T 5G and have it unlocked.

My RAZR 5G is the problem. I posted on another thread:

Same problem. I too have a fully paid Razr 5G and have wasted so much time with CS/TS with NO resolution. They’ve replaced the first on under warranty, but the second one is telling me that there’s an EIP on it. I PAID FOR IT IN CASH!!! 

After speaking with too many people and spending too much time . . .over 6 hours of phone time plus another hour at a T-Mobile store (I’m still waiting for a call from TS at 7:00pm after being told they would call me in the morning, I’m seriously considering changing carriers unless they can give me a reason to stay.

I’ve been a T-Mo customer for over 17 years and I’ve just about given up on them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The T-Mobile Unlock app works fine on Android 11 on OnePlus devices.  My OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8T+ 5G both unlocked on Android 11 through the T-Mobile unlock app with no issues  

Badge

The T-Mobile Unlock app works fine on Android 11 on OnePlus devices.  My OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8T+ 5G both unlocked on Android 11 through the T-Mobile unlock app with no issues  

Thanks for the update. This appears to be a Motorola Razr 5G issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

what issue is being ran into? and have you contacted TMO through either Facebook or Twitter? higher tier support so they might be able to pull off what the call in tier 1 support cant/couldnt

I have the same problem. Phone is paid off and Tmobile tech support stated it is unlocked on their side. But under about phone->network unlcok, there is nothing can enable the unlock process.  Any suggestion or solution?

Badge

The unlock screen never changes, unlock is always grey’d out (unclickable) even with the new carrier sim card. I have not gone through FB to contact them, but I will try. Thank you.

Badge

Same problem here with Moto Razr 5G  - No Mods, Paid off. All requirements have been met. Interested in a solution as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you read through all of the requirements to make sure you have met them all? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For your device to process the unlock, if aproved.  Your T-Mobile SIM card must be in the device you are trying to unlock the device needs to be connected to the T-Mobile network.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

no worries...the FB/Twitter route is usually the most recommended due to their success rates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you met all of the SIM unlock requirements? 

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy#:~:text=Device%20Unlock%20Policy%201%20Unlock%20your%20mobile%20device.,...%204%20Getting%20Help.%20...%205%20Important.%20

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks for the input. Tmobile sim card is in the device, but still nothing not work. Phone is still locked

Is the SIM active?  It obviously checks your account to make sure the device is eligible. 

Badge

Yes Sayoran not only have I read all the requirements and complied, but I have spent over 2 hours with customer service confirming eligibility to unlock and requesting that the app be updated. The app won’t let me unlock it temporally either. ( a feature even available to those who are not eligible for a permanent unlock) I suspect there is a software issue with this app. I wonder if this issue is going to become viral as EIP contracts mature on these devices and others seek to unlock them.  I hope I’m wrong and find a solution soon. I will certainly post if with any updates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

try taking it into a physical store and see if maybe they can assist.