Receiving texts that sender did not create... help!

• 3 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I've got a Nexus 5X, and I have a normal issue when texting iPhones where I will occasionally get duplicate messages received. That doesn't really bother me, but that seems to be the usual thing that happens with this.

Today, however, something unusual happened. I was texting a friend and I got a reply... that she didn't write! I have screenshots from both ends and she showed me the conversation on her screen. She did not send a text message... but I received it.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? It doesn't appear that I am dropping any texts. Only receiving duplicates, and this time a totally fabricated text from the ether. I have screenshots if necessary.

Thanks everyone!

3 replies

Hmmmm.

That's really strange. Was it a message she had ever sent? Maybe a delayed message that had come through at a different time? Is it a message you recognize having received from another number and somehow came through to the wrong thread?

Thank you!

-Lauren

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I agree, this is super odd. Lauren asked some really good questions and I'm curious what the answers are as well. I'd also like to know if the messages you're sending are showing up in your friend's iMessage or regular messaging app? Please let us know. Thanks!

Userlevel 6

Howdy! We just wanted to make sure you'd had a chance to take a look at the questions asked above. If you're still having trouble with this, we'd love some more details so that we can try to help you get to the bottom of it! Thank you!