Recent Oneplus 7T Pro issues

• 12 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

I've heard of some connectivity issues recently with this phone right out of the box. I figured i'd share my story to help others.

Issue:

Device cannot keep a data connection and/or no connection at all.

Root cause:

99% certain. When you put in your sim, at least for me I received a text message from TMO saying my settings were incorrect and that settings would be pushed. Then I believe some sort of APN window popped up and you basically accept the changes. This immediately made my device lose all connectivity.

Resolution:

Settings>WiFi & Internet > Sin & Network > Access Point Names > Menu top right > reset to defaults. This can be tricky because the menu is enabling and disabling due to the loss of connectivity. However I was able to do this and now all is well, no drops since.

3 replies

I'm having the same issue on my one plus7t but I'm not savvy enough to fix it. It started going south a week after T-Mobile put out the update from 10 to 11. Have tried everything that I know to do but roommate has no problems with his phone. I have no connectivity to the Internet. Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

did you purchase it from TMO, direct from OP or another route?

I'm having the same issues with my TMobile OnePlus 7t pro McLaren. Have had any luck