Question

REVVL 5G: Ear interferes with the screen during calls!

• 23 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

My REVVL V+ 5G is driving me crazy.  When on a call, my ear is constantly interacting with the screen and bringing up menus.  Multiple times a day, the flashlight gets turned on, Bluetooth gets turned off, or (my favorite) airplane mode gets activated and ends my call.

I have Googled this issue, and been ALL through the settings.  Pressing the power button has locked the screen on every other Android I’ve owned, but not this one.  I have no idea how my ear can pull down the settings menu, AND change a setting, several times each day.

Please tell me there’s a way to fix this, before I put this phone in the garbage disposal.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

by chance do you have a screen protector on your phone? could be slightly covering the proximity sensor making it super sensitive. not unheard of.

Badge

by chance do you have a screen protector on your phone? could be slightly covering the proximity sensor making it super sensitive. not unheard of.

No, I'm not using a screen protector, but that's a good thought.  I use a very small case, and the lip of the case does not cover any part of the screen.

That does give me an idea, though.  If I can figure out where the proximity sensor is, I could put some black tape over it to fool the phone maybe.  I can't find it, though.  Is the phone using the front camera for a sensor?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

its possible but usually the sensor is hard to see without messing with angles and lighting. most of the devices i have owned its been just to the left of the front facing camera.

after snagging up a flashlight and checking my LG V60 im not seeing one..so they might be using that front facing camera as a multi tool. camera and prox sensor.

also keep in mind though that if it isnt the same one covering it over will shut down certain things like auto lighting for your screen etc.