Question

Revvl Plus Wi-Fi issues

My Revvl Plus occasionally will just disconnect or not connect at all. What can I do to keep it connected?

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh man, we definitely want you to stay connected with no issues. Do you restart your phone often? Is this just on your home wi-fi or have you tried another wi-fi network to see if the same thing happens? Might be a good idea to restart your router then try reconnecting to see if that helps. I know I do that with my router every once in a while to give it a little refresh.

Userlevel 6

Hey there! Just wanted to check in and see if you were still having trouble with this! If so, do you mind taking a look at the questions Mike asked above? We'd love to grab some more details from you! 😊 Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi again!

Did you still need some help here? If so, please give us a reply back and let us know. Thanks!

I have tried to reset my router I have tried to factory reset my cell phone up and power button and I have tried to call Google to reset my password for Google account they said I have to have the phone reset some other way to back presetting and lose all my information which I am okay with it I was hoping to get a QR code since I don't have my original one with my paperwork

Hello, I'm adding to this post because I have similar issues. My Revvl worked fine for the first month that I had it, but shortly after, the Wifi stopped working. The wifi connection still does not work, after 3 weeks. I've tried restarting my phone, restarting my wifi, and using other wifi connections. The wifi connections will work fine with other products, but the Revvl will not connect to the wifi. When trying to connect to a  WPA2 PSK router, it came up as an authentication problem, for example.

As a result, I can only use the internet on the phone through the 3G connection.

Please let me know what I can do soon. I will get a new phone in a month, because it seems to be a hardware issue.

I too am having this issue connecting to WiFi with the psa2 encrypt. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Same thing with my Revvl as well, just will not stay connected.  And of course T-mobile knows and doesn't care.

same wi-fi problem on Revvl 2 Plus.

My revvl is also having trouble staying connected via wifi. I dont have Celular Data at the moment so i have been using wifi instead. It worked fine for the first couple months, but now when i try to connect it says connected no internet then retrys. It has been continuously doing this over and over. It shows the wifi signal top left side of screen with two arrows in middle of it one pointing up the other pointing down. and then just shows the signal with an x next to it. Ive tried restarting it, factory resetting it, Ive tried about everything i can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same exact issue on the same day as you. I have done everything as well. But I still can't get internet access. I can't even connect tethering to my neighbors phone. I am currently on the phone, on hold with t-mobile. To see if there is a way to fix it or whatever. I'll update the post and let you know.

I have the same issue with my TMobile Revvl phone. My LG phone and family member Samsung phones have no problems on our WiFi network at home.  Also, our Echo, FireTV, ROKU TV, and several other devices that use our Home WiFi network do not disconnect itself.  So it’s not our Home WiFI network as ALL over devices stay connected.

When will TMobile fix this problem?

Just bought the phone over the summer and has worked well until the last couple months when I keep going over my allotted data plan because the phone drops my home wifi. All my other devices seem to be able to stay connected but not the phone. This is the first time I tried a “tmobile” phone and am finding this very frustrating. When I try to reconnect it tells me network failed but if I turn the phone off and then back on it will connect. It doesn’t sound like a network problem because I do nothing with the network, I just restart the phone. Thank you for any help you can give me. 

Same here. T-Mobile, what do you plan on doing about this?

Badge

Can anyone say what WiFi version they’re using? Like, WiFi6, or  OG Apple AirPorts with WPA1, or NetHawk 6688 Firmware 3.28, etc?  It seems like WiFi 6 would be more reliable and proof of getting disconnected, but some WorkShare or Cafe locations have their own li’l ol security model that likes to kick connections; maybe it varies with where you use WiFi; or passing VWs’ basestations try to own channel 1?