Question

revvl v +5g bluetooth

• 18 October 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge

I have two REVVL V +5G phones and neither will connect to my car via bluetooth. Phone paired to Lincoln o.k., but when I try to play Amazon music, it will play for a few seconds, then the car says it has an unstable connection. The phone then says an untrusted device wants to access the phone and asks if I will allow the car permission to view phone and contacts, which I do. Then the cycle starts again. The car uses SYNC3 and all prior phones worked fine, ar has no “line-in” jack, but can a usb port be used somehow?

13 replies

Badge

Issue cropped up when Android updated Ver 11 on Aug 24.  Isn’t a Ford problem, but specific to certain phones, one being REVVL + 5G.  Other phones work fine with Sync 3 and my REVVL +5G.  Can’t use phone hands free and people are reporting it’s a safety issue because of it.  I’m trying to work through local store to see if I can get my money back.  Motorola also getting complaints.  See Motorola Community Peer to Peer Forums.

I am having the same issues with my new REVVL V+ 5G and Sync3.  I’ve updated Sync3, paired then deleted the devices from my phone and Sync numerous times.  They will not maintain a stable connection.

Has anyone resolved this issue, traded for a different, reasonably priced phone that works, or are we all waiting on TMobile to update our phones to Android 12?

Badge

Guess we wait for upgrade to android 12. Meantime, I connected using a usb cable and set up Android Auto to get Amazon Music and a couple other apps to appear on the Sync3 screen. Had to turn off bluetooth in the car settings to stop getting the “unstable” message, but the music screens are very nice to use. Made a phone call using “hey google”, but the sound did not come out in the car. Probably just need to mess around to correct that later. Hope this helps!

Brand new REVVL V+ 5G with software security update 2/5//2022 still has same Bluetooth connection problem with Ford Sync3, 2019 Escape Non Nav.  Sync 3 updated by dealer.  Nobody has an answer to the connection problems.  Phone works fine with other cars.

I’m having the same issues with my Ford Sync and the Revvl phone. Tried customer service a few times.  Went into the store a few times….no answers.  Its a shame because I really like the phone otherwise, but the car connectivity may be a deal breaker if its not fixed soon. 

I have exactly the same issue with my Revvl V+ and my 2017 Ford F-350 Sync system.   All other phones work well with SYNC 3.0 and my Revvl works fine with my wife’s 2020 Subaru Outback.  Very frustrating, as I thought it was a SYNC issue and the Ford is my car, so can’t use my phone at all.  Unable to go hands-free in this situation.   Waiting for the Android 12 update is going to be frustrating, as we don’t have a timeframe for that or even know if it will address the issue.   Has any acknowledgement on this issue come out of T-Mobile or Motorola?  Are there any work arounds that actually work?

Unable to connect my 2019 Honda Fit to my REVVL V+5G.  Very annoying

I’ve found my REVVL V+5G refuses to connect to any of my cars, 2 Fords and a Toyota.  Constantly connects and disconnects - with repeated Bluetooth App (in the phone) crashing.  I have taken it to 4 different T-mobile stores and in each one, they tinker around, make sure the software updates are all done, and then do a factory reset - then hand it back to me, telling me it’s fixed and should be working fine in about an hour . . . . it never works.  I then have to spend a couple hours reloading all my 2 factor authentication profiles back into the phone, since the Google backup/restore never keeps them functional.  Found it also has trouble staying connected to a bluetooth speaker I like using on the back deck.  We have 4 iPhones in the family (including my work issued phone), and they all work without any of these issues with all the cars and the speaker.

The last 2 times I took it to the stores, I asked for a replacement, and they refuse - claiming that the factory reset should fix it, and there’s no defect.

My wife and I each got the Revvl +5g as free options to switch to 5G since we’ve been long term customers.  Unfortunately, our two Revvls, like those comments above failed to connect via bluetooth to our 2018 Ford, though it worked with our 2014 Ford.  I sought help from T-Mobile and they talked me through doing a factory reset, but that didn’t help, so after 40 minutes on the phone they finally said I’d need to wait for a factory upgrade from Android 11 to Android 12.  So, since that would takes us past the return option, with no guarantee that would solve the problem, we are returning them for phones that work, hopefully.  Since the bluetooth version on our 2018 is over 4 years old, seems like the Android 11 version is quite out of date.  Considering this string has been around for over a year seems like this problem should have been resolved already.

Badge

Same here. Wife and I have the Revvl V+ and they are a struggle with her Lincoln Syn3. We would return them but past the return stage. Have to wait for Android 12 and keep our fingers crossed… Very Very Frustrating

I brought the phones back to the TMobile store where I bought them on May 26th.  The service tech I spoke with at T-Mobile yesterday assured me they would honor the return.  But the store Manager refused as it was 5 days past the 14 day store return period.  So I called TMobile directly and finally got to speak with a tech who spoke good English.  After an hour phone wait and on and off conversation he convinced the local manager to return one of the two Revvls and exchange it for the Nord 200.  But the store didn’t have any in stock.  So I’m waiting.  Seems like T-Mobile techs should monitor this forum and provide assistance.  They should also pull problem phones off their shelves.  Apparently they rely on the  companies that make their phones to inform them of problems.  Why not listen to their customers and investigate complaints!

Android 12 update fixes Ford Sync connection …….  after a 1 ½ years.

It took a year and many requests to T-Mobile, but I’m happy it finally connects to both our Fords.  Now I’d like to get another Revvl for my wife as we returned one of the Revvls last year and got a different phone that would connect both our vehicles.  But the OS is all different and confusing.