Question

S20 5G errors and no service after OTA update this weekend

Show first post

185 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

The Android 11 Beta is also another route you can take. Been on it for a few days now with no issues. Has October patches as well. To check if you are eligible, go to the Samsung Members App and on the banners at the top there is a OneUI 3.0 Beta banner that will register you. Took mine about 4 hours after registering that the update showed up when checking it manually. 

most that do these Betas know already...but for those that have not tried anything like this..if any issues pop up you do not contact TMO about it..you contact the one doing the Beta..in this case Samsung..its a Beta..so issues are kind of expected.

Well, my husband has the Galaxy Note 10+ with the same error com.android.phone keeps stopping. The SIM does not work with this He took out the SIM to use wifi calling/text temporarily until we get a fix.  If olycius reply of Android 11 Beta is the solution, here is a link of which devices T-Mobile is working on currently:

https://www.rprna.com/updates/one-ui/t-mobile-android-11-development-samsung-one-ui-3/

T-Mobile get working on this!

Userlevel 2

The Android 11 Beta is also another route you can take. Been on it for a few days now with no issues. Has October patches as well. To check if you are eligible, go to the Samsung Members App and on the banners at the top there is a OneUI 3.0 Beta banner that will register you. Took mine about 4 hours after registering that the update showed up when checking it manually. 

Userlevel 1

Well, it’s been 5 days since my factory reset and it’s happening again. I have not allowed any apps to update. I am pretty convinced it’s not an app but an issue with Samsung/T-Mobile. Time for another factory reset and hope that a fix is coming soon.

It certainly is an issue with October patch that was confirmed earlier in this thread. Factory reset only buys you few hours (in my case it was 5 hours) to few days. Since I flashed to August security snapshot using Odin, I have not had any crashes and I have the same apps running as before. 

It will be interesting to know if the folks who have recently received the new OTA security update, whether this problem has been fixed or not.

Well, it’s been 5 days since my factory reset and it’s happening again. I have not allowed any apps to update. I am pretty convinced it’s not an app but an issue with Samsung/T-Mobile. Time for another factory reset and hope that a fix is coming soon.

Well I hope I don’t regret this but my phone S20+ just updated to One UI 3 (Android 11).   

any luck with the Android 11 beta?

Well I hope I don’t regret this but my phone S20+ just updated to One UI 3 (Android 11).   

I've been following this thread for a while. 

just got the new update that was released today and nothing has changed for me.  I'm still getting dropped with Carrier Hub MCM requests are processing notifications.

Sorry to hear.  I did have one Carrier Hub processing notification right after the phone updated but nothing crashed.  Haven't seen the Carrier Hub notification since. Good luck.

thanks.  I'll keep following here.  all we can do is wait I guess!  I can't afford to go grab a new phone at this point.  so hopefully it smooths out!

Userlevel 1

just got the new update that was released today and nothing has changed for me.  I'm still getting dropped with Carrier Hub MCM requests are processing notifications.

Sorry to hear.  I did have one Carrier Hub processing notification right after the phone updated but nothing crashed.  Haven't seen the Carrier Hub notification since. Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you... ! Will keep fingers crossed. Think this is it ... 🍺

No problem.  You can force check for updates under settings so you don't have to wait.  Good luck.  👍 

Userlevel 1

I just got an OTA software update for my S20 plus. Calls and texts are working and no crashing phone app! Fingers crossed!!! 🤞 

Phone has working fine for the past hour after applying the OTA update.  I don't want to jinx it but I think my phone is fixed!!!

Superb.. thanks for sharing @daveryansf. Can you please check the software information in settings and share what's the version for the security update?  

After flashing, I had turned off the auto updates. If this OTA push really has the fix, will turn it back on.

Thank you... ! Will keep fingers crossed. Think this is it ... 🍺

Userlevel 1

On Wednesday I went to a Samsung recommended repair facility. They worked together with Samsung and wiped my phone. Couldn't get back there Wed. but picked up Thursday and has been working fine since. Phone was near original state when I picked it up but most things I had backed up.

Userlevel 1

I just got an OTA software update for my S20 plus. Calls and texts are working and no crashing phone app! Fingers crossed!!! 🤞 

Phone has working fine for the past hour after applying the OTA update.  I don't want to jinx it but I think my phone is fixed!!!

Superb.. thanks for sharing @daveryansf. Can you please check the software information in settings and share what's the version for the security update?  

After flashing, I had turned off the auto updates. If this OTA push really has the fix, will turn it back on.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Thanks to Soumyaudit for the idea, I was successfully able to revert the software update via Odin back the the August 1st patch. It does wipe your system however I am no longer getting the com.android.phone error or Carrier hub. 

THIS WIPES YOUR PHONE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Not sure if you can post external links here so I will just post what you need(just google what is mentioned)

Firmware G988USQU1BTI2 - From Sammobile 5.8GB file

Odin 3.14 - From Sammobile

Samsung USB Drivers - From samsungodin

Install the Samsung USB Drivers first
Extract both firmware and Odin

Turn your phone off

Launch Odin

On your phone, hold the volume up and down buttons together and plug in your phone to the computer. It will go into download mode. 

Add each file to its respective field in Odin v3.14.4. Use CSC_***, DO NOT USE HOME_CSC

Each of the five boxes should be filled with a file from the firmware you downloaded, make sure it is the correct file for the correct section(Ex. BL file to BL, AP file to AP). 

Press start, once it reboots it will now be flashed back to the August patches.

This is a temporary work around while we wait for the new patch, again use at your own risk.

Hey I just wanted to alert that the firmware G988USQU1BTI2 is for S20.. For folks who are experiencing the issue for other models (for me it is Note 10 plus), the firmware will be different.. 

Just sharing incase someone just starts googling without confirming the actual model and corresponding tmobile firmware ..

You are absolutely correct, my apologies. The firmware mentioned is for the S20U. Just get the august patches corresponding to your device that is for tmobile.

I flashed back to August snapshot too and it looks stable so far .. I am sharing few tips on top of what @olycius has shared: 

- while searching for firmware on sammobile.. make sure you pick the exact model number that you see in your phone settings (eg. For my phone model SM-N975U, there were two versions - SM-N975U and SM-N975U1... Pick the one that is an exact match)..

- In order to download the firmware from Sammobile, you need to register and then go back to lookup the firmware to find the download button.

- This can really brick your phone so if you have never done this before, be very cautious. There are YouTube tutorials but again, this is risky. I had taken full backup and after flashing I only installed the apps I really needed again. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks to Soumyaudit for the idea, I was successfully able to revert the software update via Odin back the the August 1st patch. It does wipe your system however I am no longer getting the com.android.phone error or Carrier hub. 

Not sure if you can post external links here so I will just post what you need(just google what is mentioned)

Turn your phone off

Launch Odin

On your phone, hold the volume up and down buttons together and plug in your phone to the computer. It will go into download mode. 

Add each file to its respective field in Odin v3.14.4. Use CSC_***, DO NOT USE HOME_CSC

Each of the five boxes should be filled with a file from the firmware you downloaded, make sure it is the correct file for the correct section(Ex. BL file to BL, AP file to AP). 

This is a temporary work around while we wait for the new patch, again use at your own risk.

Hey I just wanted to alert that the firmware G988USQU1BTI2 is for S20.. For folks who are experiencing the issue for other models (for me it is Note 10 plus), the firmware will be different.. 

Just sharing incase someone just starts googling without confirming the actual model and corresponding tmobile firmware ..

You are absolutely correct, my apologies. The firmware mentioned is for the S20U. Just get the august patches corresponding to your device that is for tmobile.

Userlevel 1

Turn your phone off

Launch Odin

NOt sure it matters, but the app I messed with right before all hell broke loose was the Scam Shield.  The local office told me to download it because I was complaining about all the spam/scam calls I was getting since transferring from ATT.  It was after that and maybe a reboot that things went south fast.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

and for those that have never attempted anything like this before....you CAN brick your phone..which TMO wont help you fix...it’ll be all on you to try and fix it.

Userlevel 1

Turn your phone off

Launch Odin

Oh @olycius, THANK YOU very much. I was a bit skeptical yesterday but I will flash with Odin tonight as well.. Terrific! 

Userlevel 2

Turn your phone off

Launch Odin

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

That is correct, no ETA either. like I mentioned before it will probably be 1-2 weeks for a fix hopefully sooner. 

yeah the rumoured original release for the carrier hub issue (no idea how many other fixes they were trying to add into the mix) was supposed to be around the 16th..today...but it was breaking other stuff..havent heard much else past that on if they were able to get it ironed out or not before today..