Question

S21 ramdomly reboot / freeze

• 19 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

My S21 started freeze when I try to take pictures then rebooted.  This happened starting maybe 2 months and was happening 1 or 2 time a week.   The frequency of freezing and rebooting increased and it is now happening once a day.

Does anyone have similar experience?  This is a vanila S21 I ordered back in January - still on EIP.

How does the Samsung warranty work?  Will they replace or fix similar issues?  I wonder what is the best method to get service.

Thank you for any input.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I’d start with our Crashing, freezing, or unexpectedly restarting troubleshooting page first. Freezing is likely caused by low memory or a 3rd party app that needs to be removed. The device will be replaced if needed as long as it’s still under the year warranty, and has no physical damage. We can have Tech Care look up your handset protection and see what that’ll cover if a replacement phone is needed.

Badge

I’m going to do a factory reset and see if that helps.  I went through two firmware updates; and was hoping each time that the update would solve the problem.  I’ll use minimal set of apps.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

also have you tried clearing the cache/data on the camera app itself? just make sure to back up any pics you have in case it tries to wipe those as well.

you could also try booting the phone into safe mode to make sure a 3rd party app isnt the cause of it messing up. it’ll shut down all apps that didnt not start on the phone from factory.

are you using any specific mode when taking pictures?

have you try using the camera in safe mode? what model number do you have?

if the issue is still happening submit an error report on members app > + button > error report