Solved

s9+ Ringtones and Notifications by Contact

• 20 March 2018
  • 3 replies

What happened to the ability to customize tones by contact? They've vanished vastly reducing the usefulness of the phone. When will it be reinstated?

icon

Best answer by dragon1562 20 March 2018, 18:57

Samsung is the one that controls the software expience for your device. If the functionality is gone completely than that was a design decision on Samsung. It may just be placed somewhere differently though. I don't have any expience yet with the S9 since it is so new and I never used this feature. However, if you contact T-mobile someone should be able to walk you through the steps if the feature is there. Contact Us

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Samsung is the one that controls the software expience for your device. If the functionality is gone completely than that was a design decision on Samsung. It may just be placed somewhere differently though. I don't have any expience yet with the S9 since it is so new and I never used this feature. However, if you contact T-mobile someone should be able to walk you through the steps if the feature is there. Contact Us

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I wanted to add that you can also work with Samsung directly as this is there device and they should be able to assist you as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

So I was seeing throughout the forum and what came up is that users are using a 3rd party app called textra to achieve the custom tones and it seems that the feature is completely gone for text alerts. You can still customize call ringtones however.