I have an LG V20. The same text goes out multiple times to the same person. Why? How do i fix this? Restarting hasn't helped.
Best answer by tmo_amanda
That definitely shouldn't be happening. Can you try these steps to see if the multiple messages stop?
When your device is in a low coverage area (or it disconnects to the network), the device or network may try re-delivering messages as it reconnects. This results in sending or receiving duplicate text(s). Your contact's phone could also be the one doing this.
There's not much we can do if that's the problem, but there's some other things we can try to fix.
- If receiving duplicate messages, check if the duplicated messages are coming from multiple senders or just from one. If they are from one sender, ask the person if they sent the messages more than once (even by accident).
- Restart the device.
- Turn off Wi-Fi to ensure you're using T-Mobile network.
- Check your device has enough free storage space. T-Mobile recommends having at least 15% of the on-device storage free.
- Uninstall any downloaded messaging apps. Some of these can cause double texts.
- For Android devices, clear the app cache and data of the Messaging app.
- If problems continue, delete messages and message threads. You can back these up beforehand using apps from the app store.
- If text messages continue to duplicate, contact us to check the network near you.