Question

Samsung A12 out of space

• 5 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a 6 or 7 month old Samsung A12 32 Gig phone, it shows it’s out of disk space. The tech at the store says I have too many Apps and I have to remove some.

I only have a few apps on the phone:

Facebook @ 2.2 gig, a credit card processing app @ 160 mb, an app that monitors my heart 86@ mb and my bank app @ 135 mb.

Right now it says I only have 4% space available even after moving things to an SD Card with all the photos.

According to the tech, the only other option was to buy a new phone with 64 gig of storage for an additional $600 or some jacked up price but that I should get a trade in on the A12, when I asked how much trade in, they wouldn’t say

So I would be paying for the plan, 2 phones and only be able to use one of them.

Funny, when I got the phone and the same tech transferred everything over from my old phone to the new phone, including my pictures & videos and it had about 60% free space then.

So where is all the space that should be available?

If I reset the phone, will it recover my contacts and logins?

To be honest, I was just flustered by the attitude of the tech of “Just replace it, don’t bother fixing it”.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so if you go into memory what is it showing is eating up the most memory?

a factory reset might be needed..as for your contacts etc those should kick right back when you sign back in..as for logins Google might have backed up quite a few of those depending on if you allowed it to or not..some you might have to re log into manually