Solved

Samsung A71 5G Network Issues

Show first post

84 replies

I have the same phone. All problems.  Even after update. The receiver is garbage, it freezes typing, all kinds of reception issues. My suggestion is to stick to Verizon. I am typing and can't even see the letters I am typing on here. Total crap. New Sim Card too! They ripped us off!

From what I hear, there are some issues with some of the new 5G phones. Have you tried setting it in 4G/LTE preferred mode? Just to see what happens.

I tried that but still has the same issues with 4G/LTE.  

Same issues that I have been dealing with since I got the phone.  No resolution.  Just a waste of my time spending multiple hours of my days on the phone with them trying to correct the problems. I wish I would have decided on another different phone.  (Samsung S20 Ultra Plus) but went and got this junky phone.  Insurance/Jump is useless. This A71 phone has known issues since day 1. You'd think TMobile would help its customers out. 

I am partingvways with TMobile after 7 years of service and going to Costco to switch carriers and get a real phone at a decent price.  Great deals there.  

More time is needed for both. 

I had the same issues my a71 5g kept dropping signal but is working fine now after I did the following went into settings tap connections then tap mobile network then tap network mode and changed it to LTE/3G/2G now my phone keeps a signal I think in the 5G mode that it's only trying to find a signal for 5G and and not accepting signals from towers that don't have 5G all cell phone companies use each others towers and some don't have 5G technology yet

I just got off with Tmo chat. They say it’s because my city doesn’t have the strong 5G signal yet so set my mobile connection to LTE/4G/3G in the mean time and that it’s not my phone. It’s because when the phone is switching from 5G to LTE, it’s causing the connection to drop.That’s what she said.

I just went to my devices on samsung.com and hit the request service button so I didn’t interact with them at all. Just print out the shipping label and drop off at UPS. As soon as I get that back, I’ll ship the Z flip back to them for the same problem.

Speaking of wifi, I got home a bit ago and I’m on wifi and guess what? Connection dropped! So, I think it’s a Samsung issue since I was on wifi at home.

Well, Tmo claimed it is samsung.  But then this R15 sim debate seems to suggest maybe Tmo has a problem.  However, I always gets wifi calls dropped (on a wifi network that worked perfectly for the iphones, and Galaxy S8) so I still think it is Samsung.

How was your experience dealing w/ Samsung?  I am inclined to reach out to them on this phone.

I don’t have this particular phone but I have the Note 20 and the Z Flip 5G. Both phones lose connection frequently. I have a new sim card so that’s not the issue. In fact, I just dropped the Note 20 off at UPS to go back to Samsung for Network Issues. When that comes back, I’ll send the Z flip in. I don’t know who’s problem it is, Tmo or Sammy, but I can’t even use these phones for work when I can’t get a stable internet connection. Updated the September update with no improvement.

I am waiting for my r15 sim but not hopeful that it will work.  Samsung needs to step up and recall this phone. Class action lawsuits should be coming if it doesn't. 

Not sure why this is marked as Solved, I updated the software, change my sim card, force the phone to LTE and still same issues, phone is unusable. We need a fix ASAP!!!

Same issue when is the software fix we should get a refund and new phone or maybe a class action law suit 

Userlevel 2

On Monday 09/21/2020 Samsung did a software update and after downloading it my issues have greatly improved. Settings - software update - download and install. Good luck.

Been reading some of the problems and I don't get it cause I never had these problems. Yes I had to trade the first one back in but that was because photos were not going to the right place. I was just wondering do any of you pay for the assurance ins on your phones? I always do..just because of the problems you're having. They trade in or fix anything wrong that comes up for like 2 years or more.

I don’t have this phone, I have a different 5G phone on T-Mobile.    I did go in and get a new SIM card, the R15 version that can be a fix for some 5G issues.    I wonder if you have tried this yet?   https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/latest-sim-for-great-network-experience

I did this as I had a series of strange 5G issues with a OnePlus 5G phone, and had been using the same SIM I had since a Samsung S series phone.   Just upgraded this week and it appears my phone is working way better with 5G with the new SIM.  If many of you upgraded to your A71 5G from a prior phone and have the older SIM still, I’m wondering if that could be a contributing factor to your issue?

Hope this helps!  

I am using the brand new Sim. I read that every time you get a new phone you should get a new SIM. I would not be surprised if a lot of people have varieties of issues due to old SIM cards. 

I am having the same damn problem and it’s making me angry. I just got this phone and so far I love it but this is a big problem especially when I am driving and trying to use maps etc… very frustrating. Seems like it should be an easy fix. 

I’ve tried a new sim card but that doesn’t resolve the issue. The 5G internet works sometimes but my main issue is people can’t reach me when they call, it just go straight to my voice mail. Very upsetting because I’ve missed a few calls that are important.

Badge

I don’t have this phone, I have a different 5G phone on T-Mobile.    I did go in and get a new SIM card, the R15 version that can be a fix for some 5G issues.    I wonder if you have tried this yet?   https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/latest-sim-for-great-network-experience

I did this as I had a series of strange 5G issues with a OnePlus 5G phone, and had been using the same SIM I had since a Samsung S series phone.   Just upgraded this week and it appears my phone is working way better with 5G with the new SIM.  If many of you upgraded to your A71 5G from a prior phone and have the older SIM still, I’m wondering if that could be a contributing factor to your issue?

Hope this helps!  

Man! Tmobile and Samsung better fix this soon! I'm about to leave your pinkass and join the red. My wife is pissed at me for trading our old note 8 for this crappy A71 5g. I've got important calls that are not going through. Pissed!

I have the same exact problem, how you guys feel about a class action suite against both T-Mobile and Samsung? As both are very very irresponsible.

I wish I read this before I bought the phone. I am having the same issue as everyone else. Says I dont have internet connection when I'm connected to mobile data network, when the phone says I have full strength connection. I havent had the phone call dropping issue though. I have been switching on and off airplane mode to re connect to the network but I shouldn't have to do that. T MOBILE IS ABOUT TO LOOSE A CUSTOMER THEY HAVE HAD FOR OVER 10 YEARS!

Just got the A71 5g and having every problem, discussed here.  How I wish I had known!  Cannot receive or make calls, virtual voicemail a joke and no connectivity.

My A71 5G had the same issues. Putting in a new sim and doing a factory reset improved the Offline issue.  This A71 5G isn’t nearly as good as my S9 that I traded in.  The S9 got better reception every where that this A71 5G.  I still have the WiFi dropping calls so I switch off WiFi calling.  This will be my last Samsung phone unless they get this fixed very soon. Warring do not buy the A71 5G.  

Userlevel 2

My issues appear to be mostly resolved. The Google app that came with this phone is a beta version. I disabled and forced stopped it, downed loaded Google go and added a google go search bar widget to my home screen and there has been no off line issues. I also opted out of Google beta and returned to the non beta Google version, restarted it and have using the Google search bar widget with no off line issues. But I still have 5g, VOLte and band 71 issues that I'm working on.

Userlevel 2

The list is growing and yet there has been no response from T-Mobile to any of these comments. And it seems like all of us are trying to fix the problem for them. I still have offline issues with the Google search bar that may be a Samsung internet browser conflict that I'm still working on. But other problems have improved. According to their on line documentation band 71 provides a 5G signal but when I do connect to band 71 the phone drops to 4G. I still think there are incorrect APN settings and possibly some cards that are just wrong for this phone.

I am in the exact same boat as many of you. This phone is a piece of crap. I reside in the SF Bay Area where there is plenty of good signal and towers. I cannot receive outgoing or incoming calls...it's beyond lame having a completely useless phone. In addition, when I go out and turn off wifi, and rely on the network coverage around me, the phone will rarely pickup 5G and struggles to get back to 4G LTE. I can't even conduct a basic Web search on a browser to look something up. It stalls completely.

I miss calls constantly and individuals will say they tried calling me, only for the phone to go straight to voice-mail. Also, the phone is so finicky that when I try to place outgoing calls, I have to hit the Call button for whomever I'm calling at least 10-12 times. 

I've spent countless hours on the phone with TMobile techs giving me their interpretation of what they believe to be the problem. But none of them know and have yet to provide a good remedy.

I've changed out the SIM card and run multiple tests on the phone. As of today, I have a replacement of the same exact crappy phone being delivered to a local tmobile store for pickup. 

I have little hope that a new phone will not encounter issues...