Solved

Samsung A71 5G Network Issues

Show first post

58 replies

I’ve tried a new sim card but that doesn’t resolve the issue. The 5G internet works sometimes but my main issue is people can’t reach me when they call, it just go straight to my voice mail. Very upsetting because I’ve missed a few calls that are important.

I was having very similar issues to those mentioned above.  Drove from Omaha to south of Topeka on Friday.  MY A71 dropped connection at least 12 times and did not have any data coverage a majority of the trip.  Installed the latest Samsung update dated 8/1 last night.  Made the trip back today and there was a dramatic improvement.  Had coverage 95% of the way and only 2 drops.  I highly recommend installing the Samsung update.

How did you install or trigger the install of the Samsung update? 

The update helped but has proven to be in vain. Overall connectivity issues with this device are horrendous - fortunately I'm on an old JOD plan so this Samsung paperweight is going buh bye real soon. 

yep, this phone definitely has a problem, even with the latest update.

I too installed the update and am having dropping issue.  My wifi calling in addition to my data.  I put my sim card in my old Pixel 3a XL and it works like a champ.  I too am frustrated.  Called Tmobile nothing they will do.  Got a new sim card as well.   This really needs to get fixed.  Under stand 5g is new technology but why does the 4g not work?

Same

Same issue when is the software fix we should get a refund and new phone or maybe a class action law suit 

My A71 5G had the same issues. Putting in a new sim and doing a factory reset improved the Offline issue.  This A71 5G isn’t nearly as good as my S9 that I traded in.  The S9 got better reception every where that this A71 5G.  I still have the WiFi dropping calls so I switch off WiFi calling.  This will be my last Samsung phone unless they get this fixed very soon. Warring do not buy the A71 5G.  

Me too. I've talked to many 'techs' at T Mobile who say they have not heard of any problems and replaced the sim card but the problems still exist. 

I am in the exact same boat. This phone is a piece of crap. I reside in the SF Bay Area where there is plenty of good signal and towers. I cannot receive outgoing or incoming calls...it's beyond lame having a completely useless phone. In addition, when I go out and turn off wifi, and rely on the network coverage around me, the phone will rarely pickup 5G and struggles to get back to 4G LTE. I can't even conduct a basic Web search on a browser to look something up. It stalls completely.

I miss calls constantly and individuals will say they tried calling me, only for the phone to go straight to voice-mail. Also, the phone is so finicky that when I try to place outgoing calls, I have to hit the Call button for whomever I'm calling at least 10-12 times. 

I've spent countless hours on the phone with TMobile techs giving me their interpretation of what they believe to be the problem. But none of them know and have yet to provide a good remedy.

I've changed out the SIM card and run multiple tests on the phone. As of today, I have a replacement of the same exact crappy phone being delivered to a local tmobile store for pickup. 

I have little hope that a new phone will not encounter issues...

I am in the exact same boat as many of you. This phone is a piece of crap. I reside in the SF Bay Area where there is plenty of good signal and towers. I cannot receive outgoing or incoming calls...it's beyond lame having a completely useless phone. In addition, when I go out and turn off wifi, and rely on the network coverage around me, the phone will rarely pickup 5G and struggles to get back to 4G LTE. I can't even conduct a basic Web search on a browser to look something up. It stalls completely.

I miss calls constantly and individuals will say they tried calling me, only for the phone to go straight to voice-mail. Also, the phone is so finicky that when I try to place outgoing calls, I have to hit the Call button for whomever I'm calling at least 10-12 times. 

I've spent countless hours on the phone with TMobile techs giving me their interpretation of what they believe to be the problem. But none of them know and have yet to provide a good remedy.

I've changed out the SIM card and run multiple tests on the phone. As of today, I have a replacement of the same exact crappy phone being delivered to a local tmobile store for pickup. 

I have little hope that a new phone will not encounter issues...

Badge

I called Tmobile and spoke with a “tecH” who said it was due to a known samsung software issue, I can’t find any confirmation of that on the samsung website. I hhave had to turn of my 5g. 

Same issues as reported above. Switching back to 4g has helped with speed when not on wifi. But the dropping calls and others not being able to call me is beyond frustrating. $600 isn't a deop in the bucket and Tmobile should really be looking into these issues. 

The list is growing and yet there has been no response from T-Mobile to any of these comments. And it seems like all of us are trying to fix the problem for them. I still have offline issues with the Google search bar that may be a Samsung internet browser conflict that I'm still working on. But other problems have improved. According to their on line documentation band 71 provides a 5G signal but when I do connect to band 71 the phone drops to 4G. I still think there are incorrect APN settings and possibly some cards that are just wrong for this phone.

I talked to them today. They did a couple things on their end. I hope it works he said may have to do factory reset. How do you turn off the 5g?

this is so frustrating,  I can't connect to mobile network, my power /home wifi just went out due to storm and I couldn't even use my new Samsung a71 phone:(

For the Software Update, go under Settings, Software update.  Apparently, it doesn’t automatically download these updates, but the description in this update did say that it contained call stability improvements and other stability improvements.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I was having very similar issues to those mentioned above.  Drove from Omaha to south of Topeka on Friday.  MY A71 dropped connection at least 12 times and did not have any data coverage a majority of the trip.  Installed the latest Samsung update dated 8/1 last night.  Made the trip back today and there was a dramatic improvement.  Had coverage 95% of the way and only 2 drops.  I highly recommend installing the Samsung update.

mind posting which update that was? in case anyone else wants to compare or check and see if they already have it or not yet.

It’s the old “software of somebody else issue” when nobody knows the answer or how to solve it. But I may have found the problem. Still working on it.

Not sure why this is marked as Solved, I updated the software, change my sim card, force the phone to LTE and still same issues, phone is unusable. We need a fix ASAP!!!

Just got the A71 5g and having every problem, discussed here.  How I wish I had known!  Cannot receive or make calls, virtual voicemail a joke and no connectivity.

I'm still having issues with mine. Its gotten worse we have done everything mentioned above, 

Switched sim cards 

Did a master reset 2ce

Reset my voicemail 

Switch to LTE/3g settings.

EVERYTHING! Still no solution. I've been unable to receive calls now for over 10 days. I might have to leave 😕 Tmobile for good this is ridiculous. I don't even have money for another new phone. 

I wish I read this before I bought the phone. I am having the same issue as everyone else. Says I dont have internet connection when I'm connected to mobile data network, when the phone says I have full strength connection. I havent had the phone call dropping issue though. I have been switching on and off airplane mode to re connect to the network but I shouldn't have to do that. T MOBILE IS ABOUT TO LOOSE A CUSTOMER THEY HAVE HAD FOR OVER 10 YEARS!

Same issues that I have been dealing with since I got the phone.  No resolution.  Just a waste of my time spending multiple hours of my days on the phone with them trying to correct the problems. I wish I would have decided on another different phone.  (Samsung S20 Ultra Plus) but went and got this junky phone.  Insurance/Jump is useless. This A71 phone has known issues since day 1. You'd think TMobile would help its customers out. 

I am partingvways with TMobile after 7 years of service and going to Costco to switch carriers and get a real phone at a decent price.  Great deals there.  

From what I hear, there are some issues with some of the new 5G phones. Have you tried setting it in 4G/LTE preferred mode? Just to see what happens.

I tried that but still has the same issues with 4G/LTE.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I ran into something similar when I put my phone into ultra-power-saving mode. When the battery gets below 10% capacity, data shuts off.