Solved

Samsung A71 5G Network Issues

Show first post

84 replies

I am waiting for my r15 sim but not hopeful that it will work.  Samsung needs to step up and recall this phone. Class action lawsuits should be coming if it doesn't. 

I don’t have this particular phone but I have the Note 20 and the Z Flip 5G. Both phones lose connection frequently. I have a new sim card so that’s not the issue. In fact, I just dropped the Note 20 off at UPS to go back to Samsung for Network Issues. When that comes back, I’ll send the Z flip in. I don’t know who’s problem it is, Tmo or Sammy, but I can’t even use these phones for work when I can’t get a stable internet connection. Updated the September update with no improvement.

Well, Tmo claimed it is samsung.  But then this R15 sim debate seems to suggest maybe Tmo has a problem.  However, I always gets wifi calls dropped (on a wifi network that worked perfectly for the iphones, and Galaxy S8) so I still think it is Samsung.

How was your experience dealing w/ Samsung?  I am inclined to reach out to them on this phone.

I just got off with Tmo chat. They say it’s because my city doesn’t have the strong 5G signal yet so set my mobile connection to LTE/4G/3G in the mean time and that it’s not my phone. It’s because when the phone is switching from 5G to LTE, it’s causing the connection to drop.That’s what she said.

I just went to my devices on samsung.com and hit the request service button so I didn’t interact with them at all. Just print out the shipping label and drop off at UPS. As soon as I get that back, I’ll ship the Z flip back to them for the same problem.

Speaking of wifi, I got home a bit ago and I’m on wifi and guess what? Connection dropped! So, I think it’s a Samsung issue since I was on wifi at home.

I had the same issues my a71 5g kept dropping signal but is working fine now after I did the following went into settings tap connections then tap mobile network then tap network mode and changed it to LTE/3G/2G now my phone keeps a signal I think in the 5G mode that it's only trying to find a signal for 5G and and not accepting signals from towers that don't have 5G all cell phone companies use each others towers and some don't have 5G technology yet

More time is needed for both. 

Same issues that I have been dealing with since I got the phone.  No resolution.  Just a waste of my time spending multiple hours of my days on the phone with them trying to correct the problems. I wish I would have decided on another different phone.  (Samsung S20 Ultra Plus) but went and got this junky phone.  Insurance/Jump is useless. This A71 phone has known issues since day 1. You'd think TMobile would help its customers out. 

I am partingvways with TMobile after 7 years of service and going to Costco to switch carriers and get a real phone at a decent price.  Great deals there.  

From what I hear, there are some issues with some of the new 5G phones. Have you tried setting it in 4G/LTE preferred mode? Just to see what happens.

I tried that but still has the same issues with 4G/LTE.  

I have the same phone. All problems.  Even after update. The receiver is garbage, it freezes typing, all kinds of reception issues. My suggestion is to stick to Verizon. I am typing and can't even see the letters I am typing on here. Total crap. New Sim Card too! They ripped us off!

From what I hear, there are some issues with some of the new 5G phones. Have you tried setting it in 4G/LTE preferred mode? Just to see what happens.

I tried that but still has the same issues with 4G/LTE.  

I am jumping into the S20+Ultra.  I would rather use a rotory phone than this A71. I should have just kept my S7.

Badge

I read about this phone online,even the Verizon one is having the same problem.If you go to At&t website,this phone get 4half stars!! Great reviews.Both Samsung and Tmobile will lie saying there are no issues with this phone. What I read about A51 5g,both are the same phone,but a51 has different camera set up and little smaller,but no issues with it like with the A71. Everyone should go on Tweeter tweet to both Tmo and Samsung,fb,ig,etc. And any other social media sites u can think of,go to Samsung site put in bad review about this phone,then they will do something about it,just complaining here will do nothing,Tmo will do nothing they know it sucks,it doesn’t work,make it blow up in there face what what happens!

This problem is not solved. I stood directly in front of a 5g tower and got poor speeds but full 5g stars.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I haven’t seen any known issues with the device. I’d check for recent software updates on the phone first. If it’s up to date, I’d have our Tech Care team file a ticket to get our engineers to look in to this further.

I haven’t seen any known issues with the device. I’d check for recent software updates on the phone first. If it’s up to date, I’d have our Tech Care team file a ticket to get our engineers to look in to this further.

I got the phone about a month ago and have most updated software on it. The call quality is crap, half of the time during the call the network goes down and the otherside cannot hear anything or neither can I. It randomly drop signals within my house while all other phones within the house still has signal. Still have this issue and it has not been resolved.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow, tmo mike reports not hearing about any issues, what a guy ?

I’ve had nothing but problems for 5 months with the T-Mobile Samsung A71. They gave me a replacement phone and it’s worse than the first. Absolutely NO HELP from either T-Mobile or Samsung. I’ve had a cell phone for over 30 years and this is the absolute worse experience ever! It constantly says that there is no network available and when it does work reception is terrible..

Samsung had me do a reset, and now I can’t send or receive messages or calls.

Badge

This is a joke… right? There is literally 3 pages to this thread of people stating the same issues, spanning the past several months. There are several forums with people having similar issues.

Badge

Just came to comment the same. This phone is trash. I had none of these issues with previous phones. Now I have extreme difficulty sending and receiving texts and placing calls. Constant connectivity drop outs. I drive for miles with no service. I have to constantly reset the phone and / or the device connections for any hope of improvement.

THIS PHONE SHOULD BE RECALLED. SHAME ON TMOBILE AND SAMSUNG FOR MAKING PEOPLE DEAL WITH THIS TRASH DEVICE.

I just got one of these phones and I was having the same issue I had no reception at all without wifi but I took it in and t mobile guy said he had to change a code or something but it works so much better now actually works now 

I wanted to upgrade to this phone and the store associate told me not to buy it because of the connection issues.

I just got one of these phones and I was having the same issue I had no reception at all without wifi but I took it in and t mobile guy said he had to change a code or something but it works so much better now actually works now 

Can you get more specific info so others (like me) can tell the Tmobile people at the store how to fix it? I, and others, would greatly appreciate it if you could ask them and post it here. Thanks in advance!

so I was having the same issues and after reading the commentcomments I returned to the t mobile store and told them I wanted to exchange the phone because it was basically useless without wifi. So I had added a line on a friend's t mobile plan wich happens to a grandfather account. It's been around since like 2012 or 11 anyway the t mobile rep said that he had added a Soc code that they add to all new lines but because the mobile line I added was tied to a different type of data account he needed to take that code off because it wasn't compatible with the phone or the type of account or something anyway he removed the soc code and right way the phone started working properly I still lose service for a few minutes when it's switching from 4g to 5g reception but the phone works now. 

Thanks for responding back so quickly. I'm getting ready to go to the T-Mobile store now. I might just pick up one of those phones. I really wanted it the other week, but was talked out of it.

Thanks for responding back so quickly. I'm getting ready to go to the T-Mobile store now. I might just pick up one of those phones. I really wanted it the other week, but was talked out if it 

Yea that worked for me but still I'd be careful it seems they know there's something wrong with the phone and try to make you wait till the point where you can no longer return the phone. Hope it works out for you 

As many others I have had the same issue sine the phone was released. I bought a 5g phone for 5g service, not to be stuck in 4g mode. This is a known issue with Samsung and has been resolved per the T-Mobile expert that I spoke to today. T-Mobile now is sending me a new A71 5g that has the new corrected hardware. As long as you bought the warranty then you can file a claim and get the new version. I will try it for a few days when it arrives and update this review if needed. P.S they are also giving me the phone for free via 25 dollar per month bill credits. I am not stuck with paying for my old or new a71 5g.