Solved

Samsung A71 5G Network Issues

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I bought a new samsung a71 5g from the tmobile store almost 2 weeks ago. Love the phone overall but the signal is getting me under 3mbps download and maybe 5mbps upload speeds in places by old phone was pushing 30mbps. Also the wifi calls drop all the time and then data service goes in and out. Here is a photo showing full 4g bars at Ontario airport for example and there is no network connection. Is this a known issue for this model, is there a fix coming? I am about to return the phone to the store honestly.

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 25 July 2020, 17:39

View original

84 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

From what I hear, there are some issues with some of the new 5G phones. Have you tried setting it in 4G/LTE preferred mode? Just to see what happens.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yea in the settings I tried setting it to the 4G auto connect and it still gave me the same issues with 4G and the speeds were just as slow. I really like the phone otherwise just can't seems to keep the connection steady and with reasonable network speeds.

I am having the exact same problem. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this?

Userlevel 2

Me too. I've talked to many 'techs' at T Mobile who say they have not heard of any problems and replaced the sim card but the problems still exist. The phone my be a "LEMON."

Same

Badge

I called Tmobile and spoke with a “tecH” who said it was due to a known samsung software issue, I can’t find any confirmation of that on the samsung website. I hhave had to turn of my 5g. 

I talked to them today. They did a couple things on their end. I hope it works he said may have to do factory reset. How do you turn off the 5g?

I am experiencing the same thing and was also told by a tech that there is a known software issue with this phone, however, nobody knows when it will be fixed. I am. Using my old phone in the meantime but don't know when it will be OK to switch back to the a71. Anybody heard of a date? 

Userlevel 2

It’s the old “software of somebody else issue” when nobody knows the answer or how to solve it. But I may have found the problem. Still working on it.

I'm still having issues with mine. Its gotten worse we have done everything mentioned above, 

Switched sim cards 

Did a master reset 2ce

Reset my voicemail 

Switch to LTE/3g settings.

EVERYTHING! Still no solution. I've been unable to receive calls now for over 10 days. I might have to leave 😕 Tmobile for good this is ridiculous. I don't even have money for another new phone. 

I’ve had the same issue with 5g which continued even when T-Mobile had me set my phone to the 4g/3g. It is that particular phone. I’ve had no more issues after I went back to the iPhone. My family have different Samsung phones with no issues. 

Same with me! Working with Great T-Mobile Customer Expert, in Boise. Tried everything including switching to lte4. No change. Totally frustrating! Samsung needs to step up and correct this, or offer another model. 

Userlevel 1

Don’t buy this A71 5G. I bought it in june 28, the same problems everyone is experiencing happened to me, so I contact the manager at the store, before the 14 days. He kept pushing saying is the 5G signal is new, give a few days, after the 14 days he said call customer service at 611, of course after 14 days you can’t return or exchange the phone.  i did called, they told me to reset network, i did, then they gave me another A71 5G, same problems, full signal, but said not register on network, no network connections, switch to LTE 3g, nothing same thing, then is your location, my old phone Moto Z2 Force worked perfect and full bars, then is the sim card (was new but..) I switch the sim card, same problem. WiFi drop calls, drop calls with full signal bars.  Then one representative told me by july 13, that they knew about the connectivity problems with that particular phone. The solution they gave me was to sell the phone and buy another cellphone. Finally I talked to another tech at Tmobile and she said is a Samsung problem, I contacted the Samsung tech they told me the same things of Tmobile reset, sim card….and that is Tmobile problem. . I have in my desk a paperweight, looks beautiful, doesn’t work but looks beautiful. $600 in the garbage, after 6 years with Tmobile. Tmobile knew about the problem, they trick everybody and told the salesperson to push the phone and to delay or exchange so the time to return can expire, after 14 days you can’t exchange or do anything but wait until they fix or give back the money or exchange with another Samsung product. Help Tmobile please stop the BS

I was having very similar issues to those mentioned above.  Drove from Omaha to south of Topeka on Friday.  MY A71 dropped connection at least 12 times and did not have any data coverage a majority of the trip.  Installed the latest Samsung update dated 8/1 last night.  Made the trip back today and there was a dramatic improvement.  Had coverage 95% of the way and only 2 drops.  I highly recommend installing the Samsung update.

I'm having too many connection issues with my brand new A71 5G! At first it was not receiving incoming calls and my calls were going straight to VM. Wouldn't ring. Now while at home, this phone does not even connect to my WiFi while all my other devices work fine, so it's not my WiF. I went to the TMobile store and they "re-set" my network but that didn't help as soon as I drove away! Now I'm passed the 14 days and stuck with this garbage phone!!! I should have bought an IPhone instead!

I was having very similar issues to those mentioned above.  Drove from Omaha to south of Topeka on Friday.  MY A71 dropped connection at least 12 times and did not have any data coverage a majority of the trip.  Installed the latest Samsung update dated 8/1 last night.  Made the trip back today and there was a dramatic improvement.  Had coverage 95% of the way and only 2 drops.  I highly recommend installing the Samsung update.

How did you install or trigger the install of the Samsung update? 

For the Software Update, go under Settings, Software update.  Apparently, it doesn’t automatically download these updates, but the description in this update did say that it contained call stability improvements and other stability improvements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

mind posting which update that was? in case anyone else wants to compare or check and see if they already have it or not yet.

same issues with my a71 5g.  

The update helped but has proven to be in vain. Overall connectivity issues with this device are horrendous - fortunately I'm on an old JOD plan so this Samsung paperweight is going buh bye real soon. 

Same issues as reported above. Switching back to 4g has helped with speed when not on wifi. But the dropping calls and others not being able to call me is beyond frustrating. $600 isn't a deop in the bucket and Tmobile should really be looking into these issues. 

Same issue as everyone else. My service is horrible with this phone. They even ordered a new phone and replaced it. Even after the last software update its still not working.

They say there are no known problems like this for galaxy A71 5G but now that i searched to see if there was, it seems like everyone has the same problem. With my first phone I factory reset it. It didn't help so they ordered a new phone to replace that one and they kept saying it was probably a software defect. 

It seems to me like everyone who has bought galaxy A71 5G has the same problem and if Samsung can't fix it, I dont know why they don't just recall the device. When my phone hits 5G with 1 or 2 bars, the service completely stops working and then the entire service just drops and i have to restart my phone. 

I cant even get online because if I do, I know the whole service will drop again. They need to fix this. It is ridiculous. 

I feel like they are never going to fix it. Especially after Samsung sent that last update out for our phones just recently. It was supposed to fix all of these problems according to t mobile but its still doing it. 

yep, this phone definitely has a problem, even with the latest update.

I too installed the update and am having dropping issue.  My wifi calling in addition to my data.  I put my sim card in my old Pixel 3a XL and it works like a champ.  I too am frustrated.  Called Tmobile nothing they will do.  Got a new sim card as well.   This really needs to get fixed.  Under stand 5g is new technology but why does the 4g not work?