Question

Samsung Galaxy S9 cannot answer calls

• 4 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

About a week or two ago I started experiencing a weird issue: when someone calls me, I hear the phone ring but the ‘Accept’ and ‘Decline’ buttons never show up - so I cannot answer the phone.

Regardless of whether the phone is locked or not, nothing changes on the screen - I just hear my ringtone.

Phone restart did not help, OS update was on 6/10, running G960U1UES7DTE1

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

This isn’t the first time I have seen this issue.  This was an issue with a lot of devices back when the device first came out.  Check your Samsung Store apps and make sure your dialer is up to date.  As an alternative, download another dialer from the PlayStore to use temporarily.  This could also be a result of the issue some are experiencing with the screen being so large, that half of everything is off of the screen.  I think that issue has a thread around here somewhere.  

Badge

Thanks! It turned out to be a weird behavior of “Do not disturb” mode that I must have enabled by mistake. The configuration allows my favorite contacts to call, but somehow even though the call was coming through, the answer options did not show.

Once I disabled “Do not disturb”, the issue went away.