Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Preorders?

• 3 September 2020
  • 92 replies

Badge

I’ve noticed that AT&T and Verizon have already begun preorders for the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2….Any idea when T Mobile might join? I read somewhere that TMO isn’t doing preorders but will have the phones available at launch on September 18. Can anyone confirm?

92 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That’s what TmoNews was reporting a couple of days ago.

That sucks tho. That’s gonna make everyone converge on the stores. I am not sure if loads of people are excited/planning to get this device as I am so, I am concerned about availability in this instance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looking at the comment thread on TmoNews there doesn’t seem to be much interest for the phone at that price point.

Also I’m wondering how many will actually be available in the stores.

Considering just pre ordering from Samsung.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yeah, that’s how I got my Note 20 Ultra. Works great & they may offer you a great deal, too. :wink:  If you have a Samsung account, you could login and let them know you’re interested. Worked for me. :grinning:

Badge

Yeah, that’s how I got my Note 20 Ultra. Works great & they may offer you a great deal, too. :wink:  If you have a Samsung account, you could login and let them know you’re interested. Worked for me. :grinning:

If you order from Samsung you WILL NOT get it on release day - they are SHIPPING on 9/18 for delivery on Monday - so dumb

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you order from Samsung you WILL NOT get it on release day - they are SHIPPING on 9/18 for delivery on Monday - so dumb

Well, that depends on what you’re after - a deal with goodies OR having the device first on your block!

Userlevel 2

Can we expect pricing info before release?

I am very curious on this myself. It's sad when the first carrier to give an unboxing and then a new unboxing this week, doesn't have any info at all to provide for us. We would love to see cost, pricing on plan, and availability. Or even better pre orders like every other carrier. 

That sucks tho. That’s gonna make everyone converge on the stores. I am not sure if loads of people are excited/planning to get this device as I am so, I am concerned about availability in this instance. 

Ya in the times of covid, who would expect that they would make you go to the store instead of every other carrier that allows preorders. 

Userlevel 2

I am very curious on this myself. It's sad when the first carrier to give an unboxing and then a new unboxing this week, doesn't have any info at all to provide for us. We would love to see cost, pricing on plan, and availability. Or even better pre orders like every other carrier. 

I know. I was so excited for pre-orders just to be let down. I really just hope they give us any info on it next week. I would really hate to have to pick one up in stores..

I know. I was so excited for pre-orders just to be let down. I really just hope they give us any info on it next week. I would really hate to have to pick one up in stores..

Agreed. I'm also not wanting to get my hopes up based off other plans that don't require a bunch down and then find out we have to put 1k down then only do EIP for 1k. 

Userlevel 2

Agreed. I'm also not wanting to get my hopes up based off other plans that don't require a bunch down and then find out we have to put 1k down then only do EIP for 1k. 

True. That would be insane. But att and Verizon has reasonable monthly of $66.67 for 30 months and $83.33 for 24 months and both are $0 down. So let's hope they do the same. Or just $200-$300 down. 

when can we pre order give us answers T mobile 

Anyone pre-ordered Z fold 2 from Samsung there's a trick to get $100 off by click cancel your ordered and a message pop up ask  if you wanna keep your order you will get $100 off, click on keep order button there you have $100 off.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Anyone pre-ordered Z fold 2 from Samsung there's a trick to get $100 off by click cancel your ordered and a message pop up ask  if you wanna keep your order you will get $100 off, click on keep order button there you have $100 off.

Great tip! :wink: Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no info. I doubt that there will be pre orders and I believe they will be available in stores only. This is very unfortunate. They phone releases in 2 weeks and they dont even have pricing information as of yet. 

Also according to T-Force:

”we don't always have phone releases the same time other carriers do. I would wait until next week for more info on that device.”

Especially during a pandemic!  Maybe its a good time to switch carriers to one that let’s us order our phone of choice.

Especially during a pandemic!  Maybe its a good time to switch carriers to one that let’s us order our phone of choice.

I wonder what’s their reason behind this.  You have the Samsung unpacked event and all other carriers put all the pertinent info out.  I haven’t heard a peep from Tmo on perhaps the most innovative phone this year.  Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.  

Did anyone else see that tmobile just announced they are carrying the new razer, yet still no answers or details on the z fold 2. Also amazon just opened pre-orders, we have officially been left out of all the great preorder deals and promos. TMobile this is your official community and I am beyond disappointed in our "uncarrier". 

Did anyone else see that tmobile just announced they are carrying the new razer, yet still no answers or details on the z fold 2. Also amazon just opened pre-orders, we have officially been left out of all the great preorder deals and promos. TMobile this is your official community and I am beyond disappointed in our "uncarrier". 

Wow.... Isn't that just a kick in the butt. 

The silence from them is the most irritating. I dont plan on going into the store to get one so ordering them online means I have to hopefully get one before they are sold out and receive it a week later. 

I'm such an addict that going to the store will be my best bet to get the bronze on day one. 

Userlevel 2

Yeah I saw.. I was pretty irritated by it too. I've been looking up the phone since pre orders opened up and it's starting to annoy me. At least they can do is give us any info on it but nothing..

I think my stores are appointments only so how the hell is that gonna work out.