Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Preorders?

• 3 September 2020
  • 92 replies

Badge

I’ve noticed that AT&T and Verizon have already begun preorders for the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2….Any idea when T Mobile might join? I read somewhere that TMO isn’t doing preorders but will have the phones available at launch on September 18. Can anyone confirm?

92 replies

Can anyone confirm the order is supposed to say "on hold" until its shipped in the check order status page

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I checked on this for you @Fire191 and I did get word that they won’t be at all retails stores, my apologies. I don’t have a list of exactly which stores received them for folks to go there and get them. I know it’s after the fact, but it’s recommended that folks contact the store to check on availability or order online.

Userlevel 2

Just ordered, sadly even with this terrible deal I still have to have it. Anyone on here let's update when it ships to keep track, it says it might not ship til the 21st. If we had to wait til launch day, no preorder deals, I went to 2 stores and they don't have it in stock, and we had to pay the most out of anyone and it takes 2 days to ship I will be leaving TMobile most likely. "Uncarrier" I guess is true, they didn't take care of their customers like the others did. 

Mine at first says ship between 18-21st, but now it just says ships by 18th. But my shipping is also overnight shipping. After all the trouble I went through last night trying to order the phone, I was able to convince them to upgrade my shipping to overnight. I wasn’t able to process the other after many attempts and ended up getting a live agent to help with it.

I actually paid for the fastest shipping they had, I think it's one day for mine. I'm glad you were lucky enough to get overnight. Hopefully your ships today still along with mine. Stay tuned. 

Userlevel 2

I actually paid for the fastest shipping they had, I think it's one day for mine. I'm glad you were lucky enough to get overnight. Hopefully your ships today still along with mine. Stay tuned. 

Yup. I think it will. I just chat with a rep, he says it's ready to ship and that their third party carrier had picked it up. The status my phone was showing was kept on hold so I messaged them to ask about that. So I guess it means it's on hold until it ships. :) Hopefully we both get lucky and get it tomorrow. Although Monday seems more realistic I think? 

Yup. I think it will. I just chat with a rep, he says it's ready to ship and that their third party carrier had picked it up. The status my phone was showing was kept on hold so I messaged them to ask about that. So I guess it means it's on hold until it ships. :) Hopefully we both get lucky and get it tomorrow. Although Monday seems more realistic I think? 

I was also told it is ready to ship but my status still says on hold. I paid for overnight shipping. Total came to 814

Ordered mine at 7:15am on Friday.  Got overnight shipping.  At first it said ship between the 18th and 21st then later in the day it said ship on the 18th.  Just before midnight it got an “Origin Scan” and then twenty minutes after midnight it showed a shipping label was created.   Shows delivery date of the 21st.

I’m not please with how they handled this entire launch. No pre-orders,  nothing in stores except a select few, and now, sliding in to ship on promised date but not delivering next day as promised.  7 years with TM and they still can’t get major launches done properly. 

Userlevel 2

Ordered mine at 7:15am on Friday.  Got overnight shipping.  At first it said ship between the 18th and 21st then later in the day it said ship on the 18th.  Just before midnight it got an “Origin Scan” and then twenty minutes after midnight it showed a shipping label was created.   Shows delivery date of the 21st.

I’m not please with how they handled this entire launch. No pre-orders,  nothing in stores except a select few, and now, sliding in to ship on promised date but not delivering next day as promised.  7 years with TM and they still can’t get major launches done properly. 

Same. I order around the same time on Friday, a little earlier and it is now in my state and only less than an hour away from where I am at but it still shows delivery for Monday even though I got overnight as well. They're close enough to make delivery today though. I'm hoping they do but I won't have my hopes up just to be disappointed though. Grr.

Userlevel 2

Did anyone received their device today?

Nope….and UPS shows no activity other than the label being made and it being shipped at 12:20am last night.  Zero updates like it hasn't even moved. Raleigh is not that far away from Louisville that it should take 3 days.

Userlevel 2

Nope….and UPS shows no activity other than the label being made and it being shipped at 12:20am last night.  Zero updates like it hasn't even moved. Raleigh is not that far away from Louisville that it should take 3 days.

Oh wow. Mine is showing a bit more with it arriving to a city already near me this morning at 6:30am but nothing else. Feels like they could deliver it by today if they wanted to but it's unlikely.

mine left Louisville, KY 20 hours ago with no new scans. are they driving it to Los Angeles for delivery tomorrow lol

glad I finally found a thread about this. I ordered mine in store around 10am on Friday. Mystic black. Right now it has an estimated delivery of today. Still stuck on the "processed: waiting for ups" thing. Also noteworthy is the t-mobike app says the mystic black is on backorder now. Not sure how long that's been the case but I hope mine is actually processed as the t-mobile rep told me on messenger. The t-mobile app says it's still processing. What a mess.

Userlevel 2

Mine just came in today. 🙂 I got mystic bronze though so that's probably why mine isn't delayed. Ordered early at 4am pst on Friday. Lol

Mine just came in today. 🙂 I got mystic bronze though so that's probably why mine isn't delayed. Ordered early at 4am pst. Lol

Congrats. 

Mine just came in today. 🙂 I got mystic bronze though so that's probably why mine isn't delayed. Ordered early at 4am pst. Lol

Congrats. 

Mine isn't backorder. Its now been scanned a few times and is slated for delivery tomorrow. We shall see huh?

Userlevel 2

Congrats. 

Mine isn't backorder. Its now been scanned a few times and is slated for delivery tomorrow. We shall see huh?

Thanks! But yay! That's good. I'm sure it'll be delivered tomorrow for you. :)