Solved

Samsung S20 FE software update to Android 11

• 30 December 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge

Samsung S20 FE software update to Android 11. Does anyone from Tmobile know when the update will be available. 

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 22 January 2021, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Yea, I've been wondering the same thing since our device is not listed in the update section. 

It should be our next update, it'll probably come with the security update for January at the end of the month, instead of just releasing it like samsung

It's been sitting on testing since December 29 and hasn't moved so I don't know yet either. 

It doesn't show for me on testing or development..... speculate speculate

It's a newer device and they don't update their systems like they should. Here is the page where it's located. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-5g-update-to-android-11

I got the S20 FE last month and traded my Pixel 3 XL for it. This was the worst mistake I have ever made with cell phones. I am so disappointed with this phone it just makes me sick. It doesn’t seem any faster than the Pixel 3XL from a user point of view, the battery doesn’t last as long as the Pixel, and TMO is slow rolling the Android 11 update on this version while Samsung is about to deploy the S21 series.

After having many Google phones over the years this phone just plain sucks. The last Samsung I had was some sort of flip phone in late 2000. I removed all the bloatware and of course it managed to disable the recent apps button. I am hoping Android 11 will get that working again and I don’t want to reset to factory, because I have all of my apps working on it again after a long process. The transfer from the Pixel to the S20 FE was light years worse than a pixel to pixel upgrade. The only reason I switched to Samsung was my disappointment with the Pixel 5 specs.

I will probably give it to my 11 year old and get a 4a XL if the android 11 upgrade disappoints.

I just got the update today and so far so good. Maybe that's why it takes so long to release. T-mobile doesn't want us to have the problems that everyone else is having so they take there time to make sure it's right the first time. 

I checked this morning and it indicated the update is available, however, when I tried to install it, the update failed and reverted me back to Android 10 and One UI 2.5 . Anyone else experience this???

Update:  after 5 tries, the update finally worked!   I am now on Android 11 and One UI 3.0 on my Samsung S20 FE.   Persistence pays off!

Userlevel 1
Badge

updated today. . dont do it there is a major battery drain issue.

its my spare phone. i had it go 5% all day sunday just sitting doing nothing. today after the update it went 80% discharge in under 5 hours.

cleared the cache will see if that does anything

I also updated today and had a MAJOR battery drain.  Went from 100% to 25% in 8 hours.  Normal battery drain before the update was about 35%.  

I didn’t use any apps beside my texting app and Gmail.  

I hope they send out a FIX SOON!!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey there!

Hopefully folks have seen this, but the FE 5g does have the Android 11 update available. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-5g-update-to-android-11