Question

Samsung Tab S6 Android 11/UI 3.0 Update

• 24 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Looking for some information on when the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Tab S6 will be getting the Android 11/One UI 3.0 update.

It’s been released for the Verizon variant, and the WiFi only variant. I can’t imagine why T-Mobile would still be waiting to release it. And once again the conflicting information from T-Mobile doesn’t sit well with me. Some reps say it’s “not on the list” to receive the update, and it seems that others say “Yes, it is eligible”, but here we are waiting once again. Just like the Android 10/UI 2.5 update from last year.

I get it, it’s coming up on 2 years old already, but for a supposed ‘flagship’ device, that’s getting regular updates through other carriers, this is ridiculous. I won’t be buying another tablet from T-Mobile after this one.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We don’t have any info saying that device will get the update. Sorry friend. Our Android Software Updates page has the most up to date info about software status.

Badge

We don’t have any info saying that device will get the update. Sorry friend. Our Android Software Updates page has the most up to date info about software status.

That’s the frustrating part, honestly. It’s not even a 2 year old device yet and it’s abandoned as far as software updates? Really sad for something that’s a top-of-the-line device from a top-of-the-line manufacturer.

Especially since the WiFi version has gotten this update already, and other carriers are rolling this update out for their LTE variants this month. It just doesn’t make sense that the T-Mobile network would be so wildly different that this device just simply won’t work on it after an OS update.

Appreciate the response, even if it’s not what I want to hear...

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

for what its worth..they dont have anything saying it wont get the update either.. it isnt listed in that Android software updates area so as of right now nothing is happening with it update wise..

Badge

for what its worth..they dont have anything saying it wont get the update either.. it isnt listed in that Android software updates area so as of right now nothing is happening with it update wise..

That’s exactly the issue. *Any* information would be appreciated. A little transparency goes a long way, especially when other carriers have already pushed out the update that T-Mobile is lagging behind on.

I got my Tab S6 Tmobile updated to android 11/UI 3 this morning

My Tab S6 now rocks on android 11/UI 3.1 . THANKS TO MAY UPDATE . 

Reporting from Nigeria.. 

I believe other regions must have received theirs before now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I got my Tab S6 Tmobile updated to android 11/UI 3 this morning

This is why the manufacturer is always the best source of information for updates.  They prepare them, test them, and push them.  

Badge

Got mine as well. So far I love the UI changes, and it’s always nice to be on the most current version of Android.

Thankful for getting it, but the unnecessary wait and inconsistent information about it is still frustrating.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

the “unnecessary wait and inconsistent information” would be due to a few things..

1-different departments..talking to someone in here employee, admin or not doesnt mean they have access to all info..what you are able to see they are able to see.. as well as they can only say so much/allowed to say so much..if it isnt listed yet on the page for updates they cant just up and start handing out info..

2-if you were to receive the update and it had a bunch of bugs/issues you would be throwing a fit about that...so do they just up and push it out or do they test and then try to fix the issues they find with their variant?