Question

Samsung Tab S6 Update

• 24 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

When can we expect to see the Android 10 update for the Tab S6? The Verizon LTE and WiFi only versions have been receiving it since April. No security updates since December is also a little concerning...

This is the same frustration I had with my LG G Pad from 2018. That tablet didn’t receive a single software update after it was released. I had hoped that since I was buying a “flagship” tablet this time around, especially one that was actually sold by multiple carriers, that it wouldn’t be a victim of abandonment the same as all the other T-Mobile tablets. What gives?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Good question. I don’t have a definitive date, but I know it’s coming. I’ll make sure we have updated content for it when it’s ready to go.

Badge

Good question. I don’t have a definitive date, but I know it’s coming. I’ll make sure we have updated content for it when it’s ready to go.

Your reply in the thread linked below says you "haven't seen any info about this one coming down the line". I know that was 30 days ago, but that implies information was shared. Either that or it's a dismissive statement. 

I really wish T-Mobile would do just a little more to keep their customers informed. This is an expensive device to remain in the dark on.

https://community.t-mobile.com/accounts-services-4/when-is-the-android-10-update-for-galaxy-tab-s6-coming-out-15308

Userlevel 1
Badge

don’t waste you time waiting for a reply from a t-mobile expert on this topic.

We currently have like 4 other treads about tab s6 users asking for the android 10 update and on every thread they give us a different answer. I will never get another tablet or phone from T-mobile.

This is really ridiculous T-Mobile. Every other US user has the update. I'm prepared to switch carriers and take my four lines with me.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Honestly we are missing critical updates on our device and this isn't some cheapo device. 

Tmobile is way better than this. I honestly feel so let down.