Question

samsung Ui 3.1 update

Badge

When are you going to push out the update for ui 3.1 to the S20 unlocked? If it had to do with the t mobile software, the unlocked doesn't have any that should affect an update. If the S21 can run on the network, then updating other phones should work. Verizon is already pushing the update to the S10 series which is a phone you can't even buy anymore. Its pathetic that a flagship phone doesn't have the update yet when Samsung announced it is available for the S20 almost a month ago. Please hurry up. I know there will be some big fixes that I've been waiting for. Most of the 3.1 updates don't even have anything to do with a network. Its mostly stuff that would work offline also or can utilize wifi. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The update will come from Samsung, not T-Mobile.  Not all updates are pushed out to everyone.  If the update is available and your device doesn’t show any new updates.  That is because your device isn’t a part of the current wave of the update rollout.  You could always visit XDA if you can’t wait for steps on how to flash the latest update and where to find that, if you can’t wait patiently for it to be pushed to your device.  

Badge

According to Samsung, tmobile will push out the update. Yes Samsung provides it and they have already said the update is available starting March 1st. Its just a matter of tmobile pushing it out. I guess they want to make sure the updates work on their network. (which it should because the new S21 is out and it has the newest updates and it's compatible so I don't know what T-Mobile is waiting for they just need to push it out all the other carriers have already started rolling out the update to the s20s even some of the s10s but not T-Mobile they are just sitting on there butts doing nothing

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung is always quick to blame the carriers for their own short comings.  Samsung updates each firmware variant in the order they seem to feel works best for them.  That usually starts with Verizon, then AT&T, Sprint, and then the T-Mobile followed up by the U1 non-carrier specific versions.  

I got on the site and got the specific date that my update was released and it's been over 2 months and still nothing. Samsung says they pushed it out to the carrier and the carrier says no. It's just a never-ending cycle that's really not worth it. If anything else i would recommend switching to google or apple cause everyone else just plain sucks and t-mobiles customer service is the worst ever.

T-mobile does not care about the unlocked devices, apparently. That is why they keep updating them at the last possible moment, I think. They want to buy the devices from them, period. I am a long time user with them and I had only unlocked devices, with the exception of Note 3 and it was like that, always. Very late updates which tends to be very annoying. And we as users even if we voice our concern and frustration they do not care. It is really really stupid situation ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

T-mobile does not care about the unlocked devices, apparently. That is why they keep updating them at the last possible moment, I think. They want to buy the devices from them, period. I am a long time user with them and I had only unlocked devices, with the exception of Note 3 and it was like that, always. Very late updates which tends to be very annoying. And we as users even if we voice our concern and frustration they do not care. It is really really stupid situation ...

unlocked devices can get their updates directly from the manufacturers sites..especially seeing as how the one the carriers test on are the updates for their variants that contain their add ons etc.

Seriously?! Come on T-Mobile! Why do you always have to be the last of the carriers to update your phone software? This article shows that as of today, One UI 3.1 is available for Galaxy S10+ on both Verizon and AT&T. Please try to be more prompt with your software updates.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/04/20/samsung-is-updating-the-international-tab-s6-lte-to-android-11-early/

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Seriously?! Come on T-Mobile! Why do you always have to be the last of the carriers to update your phone software? This article shows that as of today, One UI 3.1 is available for Galaxy S10+ on both Verizon and AT&T. Please try to be more prompt with your software updates.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/04/20/samsung-is-updating-the-international-tab-s6-lte-to-android-11-early/

It's Samsung, not T-Mobile. 

It's Samsung, not T-Mobile. 

Then I wish T-Mobile would put more pressure on Samsung to get them the updated firmwares in a more timely fashion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not a whole lot TMO can push against..Samsung is large enough now that they can push right back as Apple likes to do..