SERVER ERROR: ERROR CODE=255

Badge

I Have an OnePlus 8 5G and it’s temporally unlocked but when I request the permanet Unlock by the T-mobile app it get me an error (SERVER ERROR: ERROR CODE=255)

I was requested the temporally unlock some times but now i want the permanet, what can I do?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling the app if there’s an option. Make sure that the app is up-to-date so it’s on the latest software. Another step you could try is wiping the cache for the device and testing this again after the phone reboots. Our Tech Care team can escalate a request for the unlock for you if needed.

Badge

Thanks so much.

The app is inside network settings so I can't reinstall or update and/or delete the cache app.

Of Course I would like your team escalate the request for unlock my mobile, it will be so helpful for me.

What things you need i send you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is the phone paid off and do you meet the requirements in the link below?

T-Mobile device unlock | T-Mobile Support

Badge

Hello, I dont know this information because ii bougth the device on ebay, he said me the phone is unlocked to any carrier but is not tru.

Here is the IMEI, please le me know is there are anyting i can do.

9900 1597 00300 29

OnePlus 8 5G

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

you will need to contact the person you purchased it from and either return it since its not actually unlocked or have them contact TMO to have it unlocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, I dont know this information because ii bougth the device on ebay, he said me the phone is unlocked to any carrier but is not tru.

Here is the IMEI, please le me know is there are anyting i can do.

9900 1597 00300 29

OnePlus 8 5G

Tmobile can only unlock Tmobile branded phones for Tmobile customers. Also I would edit out your IMEI# .

I am having the same issue with my OnePlus 8T + 5G purchased in T-Mobile, why can't I unlock it? Mine was purchased through lease. With Jump on Demand, and a business magenta plan. I was also told by OnePlus that all thier phones come unlocked and T-Mobile shouldn't have locked mine! And now I am constantly seeing a msg at the bottom of my screen "File not found" while I'm using my work App. What file? Where file? And now it's showing up on multiple other apps as well! 

Server Error: error code=255 

File not found

Help please!

i have a motorola g7 power sent to me in nigeria  but i could not use nigeria network on it since its send but i have been using temporary unlock but now is not going and showing me Error code 255 what can i do

I called TMobile customer service last night to ask for my phone to be unlocked. At the moment it is just a really pretty paper weight. The lady I was on the phone with took down all of my information and said ok the request has been sent through you will be getting an email within 24 hours to let you know that it has been unlocked. I have yet to receive this email and this was several weeks ago. Is there anyone out there that could give me a hand. This is actually the second time this has happened. I really dont feel like paying 120 dollars to buy a stinking unlock code from a third party. 

I completely messed that up lol. That was supposed to say the other night not last night.