Solved

sim card

• 23 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Just purchased a Samsung Galaxy s21, unlocked to any carrier. When it asks me to read sim card it's saying theres no sim card installed, which it is. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 23 May 2023, 01:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is the SIM card the one from your old device?  If it is a new SIM.  Has the SIM card been activated by Customer Care or in a store?  

Badge

It's a working card from old phone

Badge

T-mobile is the carrier service for qlink wireless. Qlink wireless is who I'm under. I've used the simple card in two other phones w/out any issues

Badge

Sim**

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting qlink wireless to see if it's something on their end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

or depending on how old your prior devices were the sim cards might not be compatible.

Badge

My Galaxy S21 would tell me there was "No SIM" a couple times every day. Restarting the phone was the only way to get it to "find" the SIM card. I have the "unlocked" version of the phone. I tried all the suggested fixes, and nothing worked. I tried a new SIM card, and that did not help either. Finally, I asked T-Mobile to switch me to the eSIM. That fixed the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so theres a chance your sim card holder or somewhere in that area has an issue.

Badge

Could it be a problem with the SIM card holder in the phone?  Yes it could.  I do not think it is a physical problem, however, because when I restart the phone, the SIM is recognized just fine.  It also tended to lose connection to T-Mobile when I would drive to a new location.  My guess is that the problem is either some kind of strange glitch in the phone with the SIM card reading circuitry or that T-Mobile is not connecting properly to the phone since it is unlocked.  I know an unlocked phone should work fine on any compatible network, but I saw a comment where T-Mobile told someone that an unlocked phone may not be compatable on T-Mobile’s network.  I know my phone is unlocked because it does not start up with the T-Mobile logo.  It is a Samsung Galaxy S21 SM-G991U1.