Solved

Sim Card Number will not go away

• 5 March 2020
  • 6 replies

I just got a SIM card for Tmobile and ported my number over from Verizon. When I inserted the SIM number it came with its own phone number. I was told that the number is not in service and my phone number was ported in. I selected my phone number in my profile, however, the SIM phone number still shows up on my profile and in the phone's settings. I cannot delete or remove this number.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+. Does anyone know of any work arounds or how to delete the number? Does it go away after a certain amount of time?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 5 March 2020, 19:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My guess would be that it goes away after the port is complete but it's been awhile since

I ported in a number.

I ported my number in yesterday. It hasn't gone away

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Usually they give you a temp number until the port goes through and it will eventually drop off.

You can call Tmobile or message them through their Facebook or Twitter accounts and get a faster

answer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You'll definitely want to contact our Care team and have them make sure the port has gone through properly.

I just had a similar issue.

In my case, the ported phone number would work...my phone would receive calls and texts on the ported number. But going to Settings > About phone showed the SIM "thought" my phone number was the original "placeholder" number T-Mobile assigned to my SIM when they first shipped it out, prior to the port.

The ONLY resolution was for T-Mobile to send me a new SIM, but you MUST make sure the newly sent SIM is assigned to your IMEI number BEFORE inserting it in your phone for the first time. I'd do this via a browser on T-Mobile's website (the proper website address for this should be printed on the carrier card holding your new SIM). The device IMEI number must be linked to the SIM before the first time it "touches" the T-Mobile network.

There was no other way to fix this, other than sending out a new SIM. Nothing else they tried over the network would get the two numbers to match.

The ONLY resolution was for T-Mobile to send me a new SIM, but you MUST make sure the newly sent SIM is assigned to your IMEI number BEFORE inserting it in your phone for the first time. I'd do this via a browser on T-Mobile's website (the proper website address for this should be printed on the carrier card holding your new SIM). The device IMEI number must be linked to the SIM before the first time it "touches" the T-Mobile network.thanks, android city